Nikon D750 & D780

Those of you who set the record button to ISO, what do you use your rear wheel for?
Don't forget to enable easy ISO. In aperture or shutter priority you adjust the ISO with the unused front or rear dial. It saves pressing the record button as well as turning the dial. In full manual (no auto ISO) the record button to change ISO is useful.

I thought the record button as ISO was going to be so useful, with easy ISO majority of the time unless you are in full manual then it's just not needed.

Don't forget to enable easy ISO. In aperture or shutter priority you adjust the ISO with the unused front or rear dial. It saves pressing the record button as well as turning the dial. In full manual (no auto ISO) the record button to change ISO is useful.

I thought the record button as ISO was going to be so useful, with easy ISO majority of the time unless you are in full manual then it's just not needed.
I don't like easy ISO as that means that I can't control exp comp with the front dial in priority modes.

To be honest 577 posts are probably relevant info about the D750, the other 26,000 is just everyone talking rubbish about everything other than the D750 (there is probably a few hundred about screen protectors!).
Yeah but ive learnt lots of stuff from it so cant be all that bad

Attempting a slightly different processing technique to what I'd normally do... does it work? or is it a bit too much ;) There's a previous version (not quite the same pic) a bit earlier on this thread
(and yes, he has very dark eyes, and I've just noticed the haloing around his jacket eek!)

_MAL6806.jpg

You don't need to go anywhere else in the forum. I nearly replied to another thread a few weeks that was asking about something that was discussed in this thread only a few pages back. I was tempted to post a link to the d750 thread and say p.xxx!

Yeah its great you dont have to make loads of new threads eberywhere.

Tbh i havent seen a question in here that someone didnt know or have an answer for. (y)

I didnt know you could control exp comp with the front dial, I always hold the exp comp button and use the dial.

I've got the buttons set to 'press and release' to spin the dials.I find it much easier than holding them down.

I didn't see that, it's easy to miss posts with so many replies in a few days. Some times I could back to find the thread has moved on 4 or 5 pages.
i only found it out by accident cause i thought my camera was broke haha

I didnt know you could control exp comp with the front dial, I always hold the exp comp button and use the dial.
Just preference I guess whether you want to control ISO or exp comp with the dial and happy to press and hold the button for the other (y)

Attempting a slightly different processing technique to what I'd normally do... does it work? or is it a bit too much ;) There's a previous version (not quite the same pic) a bit earlier on this thread
(and yes, he has very dark eyes, and I've just noticed the haloing around his jacket eek!)

View attachment 96824
I like it (barring the halos), suits the image IMO.

So been trying out both 70-200s today. Been interesting.

The 2.8 allows a faster shutter speed obviously, but with the high ISO of the D750 the f4 is still decent enough in low light. For low light action the 2.8 is the winner.

As mentioned before, if it's outdoors or good light, it just depends if you want 2.8.

Focus speed is quick and snappy on both. Apparently the 2.8 is faster, but it's hard to measure when using one body!

2.8 is better built, but the f4 is by no means a cheap build. I would say it's a step up from say the build of the 24-120 f4.

Handling is subjective and will really depend on the person. With my previous injury the f4 is much easier. For someone with more strength I don't think it would be an issue. They may even prefer the thickness of the lens. The f4 is quite narrow in comparison.

Both have a great feeling zoom and focus ring. Could not fault either.

As for IQ, it's hard to tell without getting out and doing some proper shooting. Both look sharp and have good colours. Reviews have them as good as each other as far as I know.

The 2.8 is for me heavy, at nearly 2 times the weight of the f4, it really feels like a brick (to me). And makes the D750 look so tiny!

I'm going out at the weekend for a walk and some shooting. That will be the deciding factor for me. Sadly I am swaying towards the f4, but in a perfect world I would keep the 2.8 until I am fully fit. But this may not happen for a while and it would just be a waste.

Saying that, I might change my tune after the weekend!
The weight difference is a big consideration to be fair. For me the IQ (rendering of bokeh and pop) is worth the extra weight, but it's subtle.

The weight difference is a big consideration to be fair. For me the IQ (rendering of bokeh and pop) is worth the extra weight, but it's subtle.

I wish it wasn't an issue! Will have more of an idea after the weekend.

Lmfao. :LOL: I'm happy with my Df dude, just like you're happy with your D500. ;)

I only come here to troll you as it's much easier than stealing candy from a baby and far more rewarding, especially when you pick your ball up and go home.

:banana:
Ok Dokie

So been trying out both 70-200s today. Been interesting.

The 2.8 allows a faster shutter speed obviously, but with the high ISO of the D750 the f4 is still decent enough in low light. For low light action the 2.8 is the winner.

As mentioned before, if it's outdoors or good light, it just depends if you want 2.8.

Focus speed is quick and snappy on both. Apparently the 2.8 is faster, but it's hard to measure when using one body!

2.8 is better built, but the f4 is by no means a cheap build. I would say it's a step up from say the build of the 24-120 f4.

Handling is subjective and will really depend on the person. With my previous injury the f4 is much easier. For someone with more strength I don't think it would be an issue. They may even prefer the thickness of the lens. The f4 is quite narrow in comparison.

Both have a great feeling zoom and focus ring. Could not fault either.

As for IQ, it's hard to tell without getting out and doing some proper shooting. Both look sharp and have good colours. Reviews have them as good as each other as far as I know.

The 2.8 is for me heavy, at nearly 2 times the weight of the f4, it really feels like a brick (to me). And makes the D750 look so tiny!

I'm going out at the weekend for a walk and some shooting. That will be the deciding factor for me. Sadly I am swaying towards the f4, but in a perfect world I would keep the 2.8 until I am fully fit. But this may not happen for a while and it would just be a waste.

Saying that, I might change my tune after the weekend!
I found the weight difference is quite noticeable in use. I could hold the 70-200 f4 all day without a problem. Holding the 70-200 f2.8 up for an extended time can be difficult if it's not lift up-take photo-put down at waist. I did notice the weight difference of the f2.8 this year in the evening on Skomer. The previous year I had used the f4 and I just don't seem to notice the weight when shooting with it, that said a grip balanced the f2.8 much better.

Now I've made the change I just live with the extra weight, that said it's my lightweight option and the lens I'm most draw to for both wildlife and landscapes.

I've finally got round to ordering a canvas. I've been meaning to get my own copy of this for a while (the first print of it was a gift to the B&B where I took it). This 30x20 canvas will soon be on our living room wall.

All Photos-1254 by -Rob - Nikon-

This looks awesome, I should have some prints arriving tomorrow :)

The temptation of s*** autofocus was just too much to bare so I went black.

Once you've had black, you never go back.

Apparently...
I thought you'd got silver too o_O

You've gone right down in my estimations now :LOL:

Back