Nikon D750 & D780

Quick question when I send my D750s in do you reckon any af microadjusts made will no longer apply ?

I have my sigma 35 absolutely perfect on it both near and far distances and would be quite p***ed if it messes it up lol

PANAMOZ should have stock Thursday / Friday

I've received my Invoice from Panamoz so as soon as they receive the stock mine will be posted so excited now

Just wanted to double check but will this new stock be the unaffected units where you don't need to send to Nikon UK for a fix?

Would of thought so, Nikon pulled the cameras to fix the issue. If I remember correctly theres a black dot on tripod mount to confirm fix, not sure if this applies to factory fresh cameras.

I have my sigma 35 absolutely perfect on it both near and far distances and would be quite p***ed if it messes it up lol
when you say near and far...do you mean you have 2 micro adjustments for near focus and far focus on camera or is it one adjustment that seemed to work in both scenario?

or is it the case you used USB dock to update firmware of the sigma 35mm?

reasons being I am looking to get one of this but have been researching into the issues and seen a few people saying the near and far focus not having the same amount of correction.

when you say near and far...do you mean you have 2 micro adjustments for near focus and far focus on camera or is it one adjustment that seemed to work in both scenario?

or is it the case you used USB dock to update firmware of the sigma 35mm?

reasons being I am looking to get one of this but have been researching into the issues and seen a few people saying the near and far focus not having the same amount of correction.

I have owned 4 or 5 copies of this lens and was always able to achieve perfect focus from relatively near distances but sometimes when you focused on distant objects it just wasn't quite right.

I used the dot tune method with all copies to achieve perfect focus. However this is the only copy I have had at least that is perfect from every single distance I have tested it at with a little micro adjust.

It's a beautiful lens to use. Also note 3 copies I think offhand was on a D800 that I never thought was right AF wise. The other on a 5D mk3. Thankfully this time around on the D750 it is A1.

lol, you are putting me off...(n)

where did you get your lens from btw?

I take it you are not using USB dock

Last edited:
Panamoz who offer a no qualms swop if you have any problems. It's a stonking lens don't let that put you off, why do you think I was so persistent with it lol. Amazing for the money mate

No pal not using the dock as both the 50mm art and 35 seem grand. If there was a firmware update for future bodies or I had one of the sports lenses I'd probably buy the dock

Tinkering with microadjust is as far as I'd wanna go haha would drive ya bonkers all the changes you can make.

Cheers @bbg404 @Swanseajack

I am just double checking as don't want the hassle of then sending out the camera for a fix much like everyone else looking to buy. I now need to contemplate whether to keep my D800 alongside the D750 or sell it to go 2 x D750! Decisions.....

So, how come with one 32gb sd card and my d750 reckons that I'll get 750 shots . With another 32gb card in the second slot ( and in overflow mode), the display still shows 750 shots??
Why does it not show 1500?

Last edited:
So, how come with one 32gb sd card and my d750 reckons that I'll get 750 shots . With another 32gb card in the second slot ( and in overflow mode), the display still shows 750 shots??
Why does it not show 1500?

I wonder if it needs to fill the first before it displays the capacity of the 2nd one ?

I wonder if it needs to fill the first before it displays the capacity of the 2nd one ?

Dunno. That must be how it works. But not very helpful. Can't remember how my d300s managed two cards.
Just would have thought that 2 off 32gb cards would show what one 64gb card would have held.

Dunno. That must be how it works. But not very helpful. Can't remember how my d300s managed two cards.
Just would have thought that 2 off 32gb cards would show what one 64gb card would have held.

Loaded the D7000 up with 2 32g cards.
Formatted both.
Shows the same count set to Overflow or Backup.
Removed card from slot 2 and still shows the same count.

Does it matter whether it shows 1 cards worth or 2? It won't be 750 shots anyway so it's only a guide.
Well, yes I think it does.
I was expecting it to show how many (roughly) I've got left, before I need to change cards. Just thought it would show 1500 rather than 750. Why would it not?

Both of my Nikons have only ever shown what's available on the first card. There is a little indicator to show which card it's using...

With my old D7000 it used to state 439 shots available for a freshly formatted 16gb card but I'd often get 550+ on said card when shooting a boxing event.

Keep the D800 and have a D750 not two D750s, having too different bodies gives you more options specially with the IQ of the D800

Thanks for your reply. I am looking to use it primarily for video and a small % for photo purposes for which I had assumed the D750 would have been a good upgrade? Selling the D800 now would have allowed the D750 funding and then another body further down the line or holding fire and keeping the D800 and then save for the D750.

Bit of a blow! Waited two and a half weeks for my returns label, boxed it up and literally just missed the wagon at the local PO. So it won't go now until tomorrow and therefore won't get there till early next week. Will be surprised if I see it back by the following weekend.

Depends what you shoot, obviously the D800 will be supreme in Image Quality having 50% more resolution than the D750...
Not quite right there. Resolution is measured linearly - which means the D8xx has approx. 22% more resolution. It does have 50% more pixels though :)

Depends what you shoot, obviously the D800 will be supreme in Image Quality having 50% more resolution than the D750...

As I said it is mainly for video but find when photographing people the focus can be a bit erratic and it can suffer from noise at 3200/6400 if lighting isn't optimal. The high resolution is great for cropping though. I do hope the flat profile comes to the D800 so I if get the D750 as an additional camera the files can be combined more easily.

Not quite right there. Resolution is measured linearly - which means the D8xx has approx. 22% more resolution. It does have 50% more pixels though :)

Resolution is Determined by the linear measurement of pixels height and width and divided by 1 million.

Pixels = Resolution !

Nobody should get too hung up on this at all just enjoy using your camera,

Last edited:
Glad to hear that @bbg404 !

Made my order last night for my D750, it's awaiting collection by UPS now, hopefully it'll get in the system today and get moving over the weekend! :D

Back