Nikon D750 & D780

Out of interest, I don't really have a particular "genre" of photography I'm interested in...apart from my lovely dogs which I could send the whole world to sleep with!!! LOL!
And I'm definitely NOT a wildlife person.

Possibly a thread killing question :LOL:, but...

I'd be curious to find out what most D750 owners class themselves as?

Out of interest, I don't really have a particular "genre" of photography I'm interested in...apart from my lovely dogs which I could send the whole world to sleep with!!! LOL!

Possibly a thread killing question [emoji38], but...

My main interest is macro but not with the D750 but with the D750 I'll try most genre.

I like to do all kinds but I'm no landscape photographer, if I had to pick it one genre and never shoot another it'd have to be portraits.

I'm an artist working in lens-based media at the nexus of documentary and conceptual photography. :D

I like interesting people and still life, but dogs are top for me - even though my dog photos are pretty awful LOL!

An all rounder tbh, although very very little portraits, which is a bugger as that's what I'd like to do the most, especially people in their natural environment.

People. Landscape doesn't do anything for me either; sports and wildlife don't cut it either. I'd like to do some still life at some point, keep meaning to.

Mainly people...

I'm mainly wildlife, landscapes and the odd bit of aviation. I would like to try motorsport at some point. The recurring theme for me is anything that gets me outside in my spare time. I now spend too much time in an office at work compared to a few years back where majority of my day was spent outside.

Last edited:
An all rounder tbh, although very very little portraits, which is a bugger as that's what I'd like to do the most, especially people in their natural environment.

Toby, do you ever approach members of the public and ask? I've been doing that and I guess I can get away with it as a middle aged "housewife with a hobby", but I guess it must be harder if you're a man? (not saying you're a weirdo, but men seem to have a greater tendency... :exit::LOL::LOL::LOL::ROFLMAO:

Toby, do you ever approach members of the public and ask? I've been doing that and I guess I can get away with it as a middle aged "housewife with a hobby", but I guess it must be harder if you're a man? (not saying you're a weirdo, but men seem to have a greater tendency... :exit::LOL::LOL::LOL::ROFLMAO:
:wave:

I'm too shy for that tbh. But yeah, I think it's easier/less creepy for women ;)

For me it's mainly macro and low light city images, with some holiday stuff thrown in. Do like interesting areas in cities, old arcades, buildings.

:wave:

I'm too shy for that tbh. But yeah, I think it's easier/less creepy for women ;)

Well, I'm shy and I also have the disadvantage of bearing a striking resemblance to Harold Shipman :LOL:, but I've found that approaching strangers who are involved in some activity or other, rather than random people minding their own business, usually gets a positive response.http://davelumb.blogspot.co.uk/2017/01/beach-life.html?view=sidebar

I decided to get a wrist strap, had a search about and found this, they make various sizes and colours, it's made from parachute rope so very strong. I opted for the wider strap so it doesn't hold onto my wrist so much, as it goes it feels quite comfy.
20170505_200519_HDR.jpg20170505_200530_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
Any chance of a link to supplier?
Sure, Google cordweaver camera straps. On evilbay or own website. I think free post in UK.

harold shipman!!!! :ROFLMAO:

I've been following your beach life journey - and I love it!
Thanks Maria. I do look a little less like Shipman since I trimmed my beard. It gets worse. I have form for looking like a serial killer. When I was younger some people thought I resembled Peter Sutcliffe. :eek:

All being well Beach Life should resume in the Autumn.

Expect more cock chicken pics in the coming months folks, the ban on poultry gatherings is to be lifted a week on Monday. :D

Thanks Maria. I do look a little less like Shipman since I trimmed my beard. It gets worse. I have form for looking like a serial killer. When I was younger some people thought I resembled Peter Sutcliffe. :eek:

All being well Beach Life should resume in the Autumn.

Expect more cock chicken pics in the coming months folks, the ban on poultry gatherings is to be lifted a week on Monday. :D
I'm glad you never had a typo then and missed a word out, all hell could of broken loose.

Think I might have to send the d750 back to Nikon getting the err message now every first shot of the day

Haven't posted here for a while as I was busy with few other things including buying a car, movies and cooking.
Last weekend we went to Wrest Park with two other families for a fun day out. Took my 70-200 2.8. Here are a few casual shots from the day including a selfie.

Tog selfie
by Anirban Acharya, on Flickr

Ashmi

Anuvrat

Back