Nikon D750 & D780

Welcome back Anirban. Nice pics as always.

Toby, they're looking good mate. Did you enjoy it more this time?

Thanks David [emoji3]

Few pics from the boxing last weekend. Not 100% happy with them again, but light was even worse. Started out at 6400 ISO and ended up at 12800 and with only 1/500 shutter. Anyway here goes, marmite processing again ;)

Like the way they look. What is this Marmite processing?

Welcome back Anirban. Nice pics as always.

Toby, they're looking good mate. Did you enjoy it more this time?
Thanks. I definitely felt more at ease, and I kind of enjoyed it. I think I'd really enjoy it if I was at a proper venue with proper lighting etc, but at this venue I find it a bit frustrating/disappointing that everything works against you. Some of the boxing was good though, and of course it's all good experience (y)

Haven't posted here for a while as I was busy with few other things including buying a car, movies and cooking.
Last weekend we went to Wrest Park with two other families for a fun day out. Took my 70-200 2.8. Here are a few casual shots from the day including a selfie.

Tog selfie
by Anirban Acharya, on Flickr

Ashmi

Anuvrat

Moody selfie [emoji3] Good to see you back.

Boxing pics look ok on the phone Toby.

Hi - apologies if this has been asked before, but has anybody else had a problem, whereby on switching on the camera and taking the first frame, the viewfinder will go black (mirror locked up) and "-ERR-" displayed on the LCD. Fire the shutter again, and a couple of shots fire in short succession, and the error cleared.

Camera behaves perfectly fine after that.

This doesn't happen every time, but every now and again.

Can't say I've noticed it since before the recent FW update a few weeks back....

Anybody?

Thanks,
Grant

Few pics from the boxing last weekend. Not 100% happy with them again, but light was even worse. Started out at 6400 ISO and ended up at 12800 and with only 1/500 shutter. Anyway here goes, marmite processing again ;)

DSC_2376
by TDG-77, on Flickr

DSC_2541-Edit
by TDG-77, on Flickr

DSC_2613
by TDG-77, on Flickr

DSC_2939
by TDG-77, on Flickr

DSC_2980
by TDG-77, on Flickr

Stop beating yourself up Toby they are fab I
Be well chuff if they were mine.

Do you still process on your MBP rather than iMac??

Stop beating yourself up Toby they are fab I
Be well chuff if they were mine.

Do you still process on your MBP rather than iMac??
Cheers Andy, appreciated. Both tbh, more-so the MBP though as I edit on the settee whilst watching telly ;)

How's things mate?

Hi - apologies if this has been asked before, but has anybody else had a problem, whereby on switching on the camera and taking the first frame, the viewfinder will go black (mirror locked up) and "-ERR-" displayed on the LCD. Fire the shutter again, and a couple of shots fire in short succession, and the error cleared.

Can't say I've noticed it since before the recent FW update a few weeks back....

Anybody?

Thanks,
Grant
There's been a number of posts like this, and most if not all have been a shutter problem. Is yours one that falls into the recall?

Anybody?

Thanks,
Grant

Check your serial number. https://www.nikonimgsupport.com/eu/BV_article?articleNo=000006463&sitecode=en_GB&ctry=GB&lang=en_GB

There's been a number of posts like this, and most if not all have been a shutter problem. Is yours one that falls into the recall?

Checking my serial number, Nikon's website suggests mine is not affected by the recall...

Hmm will keep an eye on it.

Checking my serial number, Nikon's website suggests mine is not affected by the recall...

Hmm will keep an eye on it.
Is it under warranty?

Things are great pal all settled now with issues so getting back into photo again.

Be on standby folks ha ha
Glad to hear it mate, looking forward to seeing some photos from you (y)

Wide options for weddings? My 35 stays on virtually all day but occasionally and probably only really for large groups it is a bit tight. Don't want to spend a lot but any recommendations?

20 prime? 24 prime? 18-35?

Wide options for weddings? My 35 stays on virtually all day but occasionally and probably only really for large groups it is a bit tight. Don't want to spend a lot but any recommendations?

20 prime? 24 prime? 18-35?

Love my 20mm, and it quite often gets whipped out at a wedding.

Love my 20mm, and it quite often gets whipped out at a wedding.
[emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] talk about blowing your own [emoji448] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

Been using my 50G again yesterday as it was still on the body. Still a little wary of wide open and somehow ended up at 2.8 for this, wish I'd gone for it! Not the best shot in the world but haven't been shooting at all last couple of weeks.

33666712274_87c8698bab_b.jpg

Last edited:
Been using my 50G again yesterday as it was still on the body. Still a little wary of wide open and somehow ended up at 2.8 for this, wish I'd gone for it! Not the best shot in the world but haven't been shooting at all last couple of weeks.

33666712274_87c8698bab_b.jpg
Does she have the same coat is TJG('s daughter?)

I see that the second season of Master of Photography on Sky Arts starts at the end of the month, quite looking forward to this as I enjoyed the last one.

Never saw it will watch it this time [emoji1303]

Been messing with this one. Had an itch to shoot a quick pic wide open tonight so grabbed the 85 quickly and got this at the bottom of the road, cheeky toothy grin. Buggered it up to be fair, she was a bit fed up and there's a blob of light on her face that I still haven't completely lost. Quite a bit of PS with this one, far more than I'd do normally. The composition is a little too central for me than normal too. Overdone?

34475451846_04222d9932_b.jpg

Last edited:
Frozen bloody hell that drove me insane glad she over it

Back