Nikon D750 & D780

You 'could' say that of Nikon as well with the D7500 being 'perhaps less good' than a D7200......................
I could, and I have ;) That being said, Nikon is changing its lineup and the D7500 hasn't been designed as a D7200 replacement but instead a new line I believe.

Wriggle away.... :D:D:D

If its a new line up, then the marketing people need a kick about naming conventions (couldn't find a kick up the backside emoj!!)
Yes, well don't get me started on Nikon's lineup and business model or we'll be here all day :LOL:

Hi all,
Here`s 3 from me from last night, I was hoping that the sky would be a better colour as it had been stormy in the afternoon and there being so much cloud about, oh well got some colour.
Unfortunately where I was the sun when it goes down goes out of view, I need to be further up on the hill I think.
Anyway, your thoughts on these ?
Over on flickr if you like also.

Agay, Broken tree by Graham, on Flickr

Agay, Broken tree 2 by Graham, on Flickr

Agay Bay by Graham, on Flickr

I think overall spec isn't as good as the D750, other than the extra cross type AF. Oh and live view will be better than Nikon's crappy version. The single card slot would be a deal breaker for me.

Pretty poor that they release a camera that (on first appearance at least) isn't as good as 2.5 year old competition.

I was waiting for the Canon too see if it had enough to sway away from the D750 just for a bit of a change. But find myself a little disappointed in it.

It doesnt come across as a camera that is nearly 5 years newer than the Mk1.

I could, and I have ;) That being said, Nikon is changing its lineup and the D7500 hasn't been designed as a D7200 replacement but instead a new line I believe.
the D7500 and D500 make sense if they are seen separately from previous models. I doubt we are ever going to see a true D7200 replacement.

I feel we will see the same with the D750 'replacement', I can honestly see the D750 and D610 being merged into one new body (whatever they call it) which only has one card slot. Canon do 1slot/2slot with the 6D2/5D4 line up so why not Nikon? It makes sense to differentiate between entry level full frame (that's what the D750 really is), mid level full frame (d810 level) and the flag ship full frame (D5 level). 1 slot- entry level, 2 slots- mid level/flag ship makes sense to me, there has to be reasons to move people up a level and spend more. If you don't like only one slot buy the next step up with two, same goes for AF, fps, etc. Nikon have totally lost their way with numbering/model differentiation, it looks like they are starting to work it out.

How many D810 sales have been lost because of the D750? You could of course say how many have been converted to full frame? Part of me thinks the D750 like the D700 were rare beasts in that their spec was higher than they should have been considering the rest of the product line.

the D7500 and D500 make sense if they are seen separately from previous models. I doubt we are ever going to see a true D7200 replacement.

I feel we will see the same with the D750 'replacement', I can honestly see the D750 and D610 being merged into one new body (whatever they call it) which only has one card slot. Canon do 1slot/2slot with the 6D2/5D4 line up so why not Nikon? It makes sense to differentiate between entry level full frame (that's what the D750 really is), mid level full frame (d810 level) and the flag ship full frame (D5 level). 1 slot- entry level, 2 slots- mid level/flag ship makes sense to me, there has to be reasons to move people up a level and spend more. If you don't like only one slot buy the next step up with two, same goes for AF, fps, etc. Nikon have totally lost their way with numbering/model differentiation, it looks like they are starting to work it out.

How many D810 sales have been lost because of the D750? You could of course say how many have been converted to full frame? Part of me thinks the D750 like the D700 were rare beasts in that their spec was higher than they should have been considering the rest of the product line.

But I don't see the 810 as being more driven towards wedding snappers like the 5D. They won't need that resolution, but the better AF is important, which are those features where the 750 shines and seems to attract that sector.

But I don't see the 810 as being more driven towards wedding snappers like the 5D. They won't need that resolution, but the better AF is important, which are those features where the 750 shines and seems to attract that sector.

I use a D810 as my main body and have a D750 as back up. Both tools do the job adequately.

A few quality issues aside, D750 has been one of Nikon's successes. I think they would be foolish to "Canonise" it by adding new features, taking some away and hiking the price a lot. Exactly what they did with the 7200 to 7500.I hope 750 replacement does not follow a similar route.

I think a problem these companies have now is that the cameras generally are far better than most of us need and nothing ground breaking
in the next few years seems likely.a lot of money for not a lot of improvements seems to be their game.

I use a D810 as my main body and have a D750 as back up. Both tools do the job adequately.

I'm not discounting it at all Nick, it's more than up to it of course. But I suspect the vast majority would lean towards the 750 for the reasons above, and given the price point, would create more revenue.

Glass not bodies, but £2k is pushing it for a body nowadays unless you're a pro I guess.

Not really... 2k is cheap these days for a new ff. Camera prices are going up as theres less demand. More people just using mobiles.

Not really... 2k is cheap these days for a new ff. Camera prices are going up as theres less demand. More people just using mobiles.
Well personally I think £2k is a hell of a lot of money for any camera nowadays and in real terms way too much.

It may well come to it that I'm forced to use my mobile if they headline above that :D

Well personally I think £2k is a hell of a lot of money for any camera nowadays and in real terms way too much.

It may well come to it that I'm forced to use my mobile if they headline above that :D

Totally, it is a lot of money. It's just the way the market is unfortunately, everybody's prices went up 20-30% about 1 1/2 years ago. It sucks.

Totally, it is a lot of money. It's just the way the market is unfortunately, everybody's prices went up 20-30% about 1 1/2 years ago. It sucks.

Sure does. Exchange rates are killing us at present, maybe if that calms down post Brexit that will help.

Sure does. Exchange rates are killing us at present, maybe if that calms down post Brexit that will help.
I remember buying a Fuji lens from Panamoz on the morning of the Brexit result, had been thinking of buying one for a while and when I heard the result that morning I thought XXXX, paid just under £900, 2 days later it was £140 more

Anyone bought from e-infin.com? I know they're grey but wondering how reliable they are re supply.

Whilst they are 'entry level' FF they are far from entry level cameras. People shelling out £1700+ (when new) for a camera are generally pretty serious and as such certain things are to be expected imo, such as two card slots.

I think a problem these companies have now is that the cameras generally are far better than most of us need and nothing ground breaking
in the next few years seems likely.a lot of money for not a lot of improvements seems to be their game.
I'm not so sure it's their 'game' per se, more a limit that's been reached on tech.

I reckon the D750 replacement when it comes will br over £2k going on recent prices.
Yeah, I can't see it being under £2k at launch. The D750 was £1750, the you have to factor in a 25-30% rise plus the extra weakening of the pound at the mo.

Yep, and the whole Brexit/Pound thing as mentioned.

[QUOTE="snerkler, post: 7871353, member: 66993"

I'm not so sure it's their 'game' per se, more a limit that's been reached on tech.

what I was trying to say was they could have given all of those things last time, they had the tech but they hold back stuff so they can refresh somewhat and charge more, yes there is a limit but they hold stuff back to warrant an update rather than give it all in one go,im not falling for it again,:)

I remember buying a Fuji lens from Panamoz on the morning of the Brexit result, had been thinking of buying one for a while and when I heard the result that morning I thought XXXX, paid just under £900, 2 days later it was £140 more

Bought a grey 6d WG for £800 several years ago. Seems like an absolute steal now lol. Its still worth most of that without a warranty used

Anyone bought from e-infin.com? I know they're grey but wondering how reliable they are re supply.
Me, I know, my bad. I got the Tamron 150-600 G2, seems OK as a shop although their warranty ain't a spec on panamoz. 1 year v 3 years with panamoz. One thing though, any problems and you send the item back to them, they in turn send it off to China for repair then it's back to them and then finally you get it back. No idea on the turnaround time but probably 2 weeks I'd guess.

Me, I know, my bad. I got the Tamron 150-600 G2, seems OK as a shop although their warranty ain't a spec on panamoz. 1 year v 3 years with panamoz. One thing though, any problems and you send the item back to them, they in turn send it off to China for repair then it's back to them and then finally you get it back. No idea on the turnaround time but probably 2 weeks I'd guess.

No chance. You'll be looking at 5-6 weeks at least.

No chance. You'll be looking at 5-6 weeks at least.
I've not read anything about them or their turnaround time but I'm sure it's written somewhere. 2 weeks was just a guess.

Thanks @Graham. Bit of a toss up really I guess, I'm only asking as their lens prices are even cheaper than Panamoz… but of course all that glitters and all that. Maybe I'll just keep looking for pre owned :D

Back