Nikon D750 & D780

Just found it! Exposure delay mode.... Not sure how I managed to get that turned on, thanks appreciate the help! My sanity has returned! (y) :)
Been there. Done that. It's infuriating when something gets changed accidentally or is forgotten about.

My pet hate on Nikons is that lever which locks the focus points. I only ever use it when my thumb catches it by mistake. Then I spend half an hour wondering why I can't move the focus point. Pointless feature!

Been there. Done that. It's infuriating when something gets changed accidentally or is forgotten about.

My pet hate on Nikons is that lever which locks the focus points. I only ever use it when my thumb catches it by mistake. Then I spend half an hour wondering why I can't move the focus point. Pointless feature!

Been there; and at the same time trying to get used to Back-Button focussing - thought my life was about to end!

Did that recently and was totally bemused and sweating for a good few minutes thinking I'd fubar'd the damn thing! :D

On the whole though I'm seriously liking the D750, even considering cutting loose my Df I bought recently for a second. :cool:

On the whole though I'm seriously liking the D750, even considering cutting loose my Df I bought recently for a second. :cool:

You know it makes sense. ;)

Tis that time of year, some hay bales close to my home edited with high contrast and some grain....

36692197612_67c54209c5_z.jpg

Last edited:
Just realised I've not picked up my camera in over 2 weeks, that's by far the longest spell. Struggling to find anything new to shoot to gain my interest :(

Just realised I've not picked up my camera in over 2 weeks, that's by far the longest spell. Struggling to find anything new to shoot to gain my interest :(
But dont you live near the Dales or somewhere like that? So much to photograph out that way.

Heres a shot from the weekend, I spent the afternoon looking for a mantis and it was only in the evening that one found me.
Here is.....Mini me...
Decided to put the D750 in Dx mode with the Tokina 100mm.

Prey mantis writing a letter (1 of 1) by Graham, on Flickr

But dont you live near the Dales or somewhere like that? So much to photograph out that way.
Peak District. And as lucky as I am there's only so many times you can go to the same places.

Evening I am looking to get a spare battery for when I am way for a while seems that the ExPro one's are good, went on there web site and there are several that they claim are for the D750, anyone recommend one over another?

Cheers

Peak District. And as lucky as I am there's only so many times you can go to the same places.
It's probably more the 'local' issue where we all don't like to photograph near to home, trips away sound much more interesting. Sometimes you have to visit a location many times to get the right light. I have take exactly the same composition on Millstone Edge two years running, I've just not managed to get the right light yet. Get the new FotoVue Peak District book, the book is huge with plenty of location ideas. I'm sure you won't have been to all of them. The Red Deer rut on Big Moor over the next two months would be an excellent project.

Last edited:
Evening I am looking to get a spare battery for when I am way for a while seems that the ExPro one's are good, went on there web site and there are several that they claim are for the D750, anyone recommend one over another?

Cheers
Not sure about third party ones, I picked up some second hand Nikon batteries from MPB a few years back for £16 each. They don't always have them in stock but it's worth checking there.

It's probably more the 'local' issue where we all don't like to photograph near to home, trips away sound much more interesting. Sometimes you have to visit a location many times to get the right light. I have take exactly the same composition on Millstone Edge two years running, I've just not managed to get the right light yet. Get the new FotoVue Peak District book, the book is huge with plenty of location ideas. I'm sure you won't have been to all of them. The Red Deer rut on Big Moor over the next two months would be an excellent project.
I'll look at that book, thanks. Tried to get the Stags last year but can't get close.

Finally did the newborn photoshoot i was volunteered for... just a few from it.

Did a little movie slide slow and had a teary call from the mother. I think she liked them.

Attachments

• DSC_2571-Edit.jpg
    DSC_2571-Edit.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 47
  • DSC_2508-Edit.jpg
    DSC_2508-Edit.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 46
  • DSC_2099-Edit.jpg
    DSC_2099-Edit.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 51
  • DSC_2267.jpg
    DSC_2267.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 49
  • DSC_2383-Edit.jpg
    DSC_2383-Edit.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 45
Finally did the newborn photoshoot i was volunteered for... just a few from it.

Did a little movie slide slow and had a teary call from the mother. I think she liked them.
Overall nicely done. I like the foot shot the best.

Very nice, foot shot for me as well.
Overall nicely done. I like the foot shot the best.
Thanks. There we about 56 images given, so just a little sample.

Learnt lots tho. Mainly, i was extremely lucky to get away with some of the shots with the 50mm at 1.8. Honestly, a few were a bit too soft for my liking, but client wouldn't ever pick up on it. Think i need to be f2.8 minimum in future.

Thanks. There we about 56 images given, so just a little sample.

Learnt lots tho. Mainly, i was extremely lucky to get away with some of the shots with the 50mm at 1.8. Honestly, a few were a bit too soft for my liking, but client wouldn't ever pick up on it. Think i need to be f2.8 minimum in future.
I think any parent would be over the moon with those tbh Mark. People just aren't aware of soft focus etc etc it's only us numpties that worry about it ;) I like your creative ideas, were they yours or via 'research'?

Could I please have opinions on the fact the D750 only go's up to 4000th of a second, when it first came out I thought this was a deal breaker, but obviously it doesn't seem to put people off, I know in most situations you wouldn't use that speed however nice to know it's there, what are your thoughts please.

Ordered the fotovue book, thanks for the recommendation. Also ordered the Peak District Through the Lens book :)

Could I please have opinions on the fact the D750 only go's up to 4000th of a second, when it first came out I thought this was a deal breaker, but obviously it doesn't seem to put people off, I know in most situations you wouldn't use that speed however nice to know it's there, what are your thoughts please.
When the specs were first released I thought it was a big mistake from Nikon, a FF camera with 'only' 1/4000 shutter. However, I have never reached the shutter limit. That being said, I haven't shot at f1.4 outside on a sunny day. But think about this, did anyone complain about running into issues with the highly regarded D700? Now whilst this does have a shutter of 1/8000, base ISO is 200 so in effect shutter limitations are exactly the same as the D750 at ISO 100 1/4000. Add to this you have ISO Lo on the D750 I think it would be rare to run into issues. Worst case scenario if you don't have an ND filter is it the end of the world if you have to stop down from f1.4 to f1.8/f2?

Like @snerkler I have never needed anything more than 1/4000. Actually cant recall ever going that fast before and only think its a real major drawback if you are a shooting at 1.4-1.8 in really bright light for a lot of situations.

I think any parent would be over the moon with those tbh Mark. People just aren't aware of soft focus etc etc it's only us numpties that worry about it ;) I like your creative ideas, were they yours or via 'research'?

Bit of research mainly, had a few styles i wanted to try. So put a couple of A4 sheets together to refer to when i was there, as i knew i'd have creative block at some stage.

Can't say it's ever effective me, but widest aperture lens i have is a 1.8. It shouldn't be a deal breaker, nothing a couple stop filter couldn't resolve anyway.

Back