Nikon D750 & D780

Love this 35mm f/1.4, fine tuned it yesterday with my Focal Reikan software and it just positively sings now!

Like these - my little local camera shop has a used one in stock at the moment - no hood though! Not sure how much they cost. Last time they had a lens I wanted it told as I dithered around too much deciding if I wanted it or not lol (was a 70-200 2.8 new version!)

I’ll be back eventually but not until next year after I’ve bought all the lycra that’s out there. It really does feel good next to the naked skin. So much nicer than the camera ever did. I found that to chafe a little.

I’ve not tried wrestling but never say never!

Like these - my little local camera shop has a used one in stock at the moment - no hood though! Not sure how much they cost. Last time they had a lens I wanted it told as I dithered around too much deciding if I wanted it or not lol (was a 70-200 2.8 new version!)

Cheers mate, it's a cracker for sure. You should go for it if funds allow! Here's the lens hood you need -

https://store.nikon.co.uk/accessori...ens-hood-hb-59/JAB75901/details#compatibletab

I found Nikon the cheapest place to buy from when I was looking for one for my 35mm 1.8 as MPB omitted to tell me it didn't have one with it.

I thought you couldn't get on with 35mm. It's the future, buy it!

Last edited:
Cracking shot Toby, really liking your processing of late.
Edit the B&W shot, don't know why it didn't quote.

Last edited:
Cracking shot Toby, really liking your processing of late.
Edit the B&W shot, don't know why it didn't quote.
Cheers Andy, I appreciate it.

Okay, serious question.

D800, or D750?

Thoughts @snerkler ? Side by side it looks a pretty tight contest - https://www.dxomark.com/Cameras/Compare/Side-by-side/Nikon-D750-versus-Nikon-D800___975_792

The few quid I’d save buying a used D800 would be used towards lenses.

All depends upon your exact requirements/preferences. If you want absolute resolution and best build it's the 800; if you want a slightly quicker body that's a tad better in low light with best AF, then the 750. Both are excellent cameras, not much in it.

Last edited:
It's a very good picture Toby and well edited. It's one of those where I'm intrigued by the SOOC.
Thanks very much. Nothing like the final edit ;) I'll post the original when back on the computer if you like?
Okay, serious question.

D800, or D750?

Thoughts @snerkler ? Side by side it looks a pretty tight contest - https://www.dxomark.com/Cameras/Compare/Side-by-side/Nikon-D750-versus-Nikon-D800___975_792

The few quid I’d save buying a used D800 would be used towards lenses.
Depends what you want? D800 for ultimate detail and build, D750 for all round performance and noise handling.

I'd personally choose the D750 every time, the difference in detail will rarely be apparent as the D800 has an aa filter just like the D750 so the only time you'll see the extra detail is with cropping/pixel peeping. As the D750 has better DR (just at base but more so at 1600 ISO and above), better noise handling, better AF, tilt screen, better fps it seems a no brainer to me. Of course YMMV

Last edited:
All depends upon your exacting requirements. If you want absolute resolution it's the 800; if you want a slightly quicker body then the 750. Both are excellent cameras, not much in it.
Quicker body in what sense? AF?

My old D750 was great, loved it, but as I mentioned a few pages back, I’ve got an urge for more pixels yet I have no idea why. All I do is take pictures of the kid and the odd landscape if I can escape said kid for a few hours.

There’s probably not much more than £100 in it, and I never found the D750 lacking in anyway, was just looking at potentially saving a few quid whilst achieving a (very) similar end result.

I’m not sure what my point is to be honest, but I’m back in the game so need to settle on a body soon.

Thanks very much. Nothing like the final edit ;) I'll post the original when back on the computer if you like?

Depends what you want? D800 for ultimate detail and build, D750 for all round performance and noise handling.

I'd personally choose the D750 every time, the difference in detail will rarely be apparent as the D800 has an aa filter just like the D750 so the only time you'll see the extra detail is with cropping/pixel peeping. As the D750 has better DR (just), better noise handling, better AF, tilt screen, better fps it seems a no brained to me. Of course YMMV
Knew you’d have dissected both with scientific precision. ;)

Thanks for the input gents, stick to what y’know, I guess. Do miss my old D750. :)

Yes please :)

My old D750 was great, loved it, but as I mentioned a few pages back, I’ve got an urge for more pixels yet I have no idea why. All I do is take pictures of the kid and the odd landscape if I can escape said kid for a few hours.

There’s probably not much more than £100 in it, and I never found the D750 lacking in anyway, was just looking at potentially saving a few quid whilst achieving a (very) similar end result.

I’m not sure what my point is to be honest, but I’m back in the game so need to settle on a body soon.

Yes, AF speed I meant which is going to be important for the little fella. I'd personally have that over the extra pixels. I'd like an 8 series alongside the my 750 ideally but not instead of.

You don't need MP for family pics ;)

At the end of the day both are great so it doesn't matter which you choose really. The better AF of the D750 may prove better for taking pics of your kid if they're moving about a lot.

Is that similar to a consonant renewal? :p

Here's your coat...:LOL:

I do like your mono's Tim but I'd zap that thing out of her head (it's my OCD again)

Thanks, I've just got my own preset I made and tend to just slap that on. It's just a quick edit to throw onto FB for the couple so it's still die some attention. And I can't tell if it's straight or not :confused:

I signed up to some modeling sites yesterday. Is it me or does it feel a little weird browsing them?

Anyway, messaged one person stating i was looking for a model to shoot to build my portfolio solo or a couple shoot (if she had a partner). Got a prompt response stating she'd love to and want's to do a couple shoot, all booked in for early Nov - TFP too.

Getting nervous already, didn't expect such a quick response.

I signed up to some modeling sites yesterday. Is it me or does it feel a little weird browsing them?
yes at first :)

Anyway, messaged one person stating i was looking for a model to shoot to build my portfolio solo or a couple shoot (if she had a partner). Got a prompt response stating she'd love to and want's to do a couple shoot, all booked in for early Nov - TFP too.

relax and enjoy it !

Good stuff Mark, I've signed up in the past but never got much response to requests for TFP. :( Good luck with it, great experience.

Back