Nikon D750 & D780

So I processed a load of images from a day out yesterday and LR is definitely a bit more responsive. But, I wouldn't say the previews are there just yet. I only render standard previews and so could be quicker. It certainly loads instantly now and the brushes are better along with moving from the library module to develop module which was always slated. I wonder if they now have the capacity to improve speed further now?

I really must print more photos out. Just printed some for my friend of her son from the 'shoot' I did the other day and they look so much better than viewing on the computer screen. I forgot how nice it is to look at actual physical photos.

I really must print more photos out. Just printed some for my friend of her son from the 'shoot' I did the other day and they look so much better than viewing on the computer screen. I forgot how nice it is to look at actual physical photos.

This! I printed some of my equestrian shots for a friend the other day and they just looked so much nicer. I think another thing as that I pixel peep too much and when I prit say an 8x10 image I cant zoom in lol

It is the problem these days in the modern era. I'm still only half way through my daughters first album which I swore I shall finish this week as I'm off. I shall also get some prints done but probably put an order in around Christmas when I usually send a few to the family.

This! I printed some of my equestrian shots for a friend the other day and they just looked so much nicer. I think another thing as that I pixel peep too much and when I prit say an 8x10 image I cant zoom in lol
Print at 6in x 4in and everything looks sharp. :D

Yeah I agree. Going to get a batch printed up after Halloween

I keep looking out for the 100 6x4 rate at DSCL but haven't seen it for a good while. I have a box full from a good wile ago now but haven't printed anything all year, I could easily fill a box!

So what printers are you guys using. Got a feeling I might need one in Jan

Epson SC-P600 with Permajet Oyster paper. Had a few printers in my time but this one truly is the bees knees. Wish I could've afforded the 800 but, hey-ho.

Agree about the convenience but there have been a number of discussions lately about various print 'houses' that's enough to be a faffle.

Cheers guys. It was just mainly for stuff in and around the house ie picture frames etc. I'd imagine with the new arrival coming at the end of Jan there might be the odd picture taken that was all. Haha.

After Nikon UK having my D750 for a week the status had gone from 'Waiting for repair' to 'Your repair is in progress'. Was hoping to get it back for a wedding on Saturday but not now.

Whats the going rate for mint 70-200 VRII lenses? Watching one on ebay that looks mint and thinking of making an offer!

Last edited:
Whats the going rate for mint 70-200 VRII lenses? Watching one on ebay that looks mint and thinking of making an offer!
About £1200 like new from a store, with used warranty.

Also seen the Tamron 70-200 G2 grey going for under £900 but zoom is again at the front!!!!

I was doing some playing with my camera last night and the DOF on a full frame still surprises me. Couldn't understand why i was not getting sharp images... i put it down to user error with my BBF.

Was doing some ring shots on my 28-105 macro (think it's a 1:2 macro not 1:1) - at 105mm... about 15cm from the rings(maybe even a tad closer)... thought f16 would be plenty for that nice sharp tip with a nice fall off... but all seemed not to be sharp..
Got in bed, worked out my DOF 105mm @f16 gives the whole 0.06cm of DOF :eek:

The way the evening light was catching a field as I drove by made it look like it was flooded. When I stopped to take some snaps I saw it was spider silk in the grass.

Love the second one Ed!
Ta. The sun sinks so quickly at this time of year you don't have long to catch light effects such as that. It was only a few minutes and the effect had gone. And sheep never walk to where they'd perfect the composition...:LOL:

And sheep never walk to where they'd perfect the composition...

You'd think after all this time photography has been they'd be more accommodating!

Well, spotted and 'grabbed' :clap:

You'd think after all this time photography has been they'd be more accommodating!

Well, spotted and 'grabbed' :clap:

Thanks.

Individual chickens are difficult to photograph, but flocks sheep are worse. :D

Back