Nikon D750 & D780

How to pan when taking good pictures like you do...
That's very kind of you to say, but there's much better people out there than me ;) I'd imagine trying to get a panning Scalextric shot is extremely difficult. I might have to give it a go when my nephew gets old enough to play with Scalextric ;)

Went to recce a landscape yesterday but whilst in the area we had a wander round a stately home, of course the girls were princess hunting. Had a faff removing all the distortion but in the end, preferred a little bit. Also shot with a zoom at 24mm, completely out of my comfort zone!

37273840744_df327598b8_b.jpg

Last edited:
Went to recce a landscape yesterday but whilst in the area we had a wander round a stately home, of course the girls were princess hunting. Had a faff removing all the distortion but in the end, preferred a little bit. Also shot with a zoom at 24mm, completely out of my comfort zone!

37273840744_df327598b8_b.jpg

Like this, even with the distortion. My little one has the same coat too!

Like this, even with the distortion. My little one has the same coat too!

That coat seems to really saturate in every shot I take of it.

There’s a wedding snapper I used to follow that shoots a few very wide shots with a lot of distorted verticals and it looks great. Intrigued!

That's very kind of you to say, but there's much better people out there than me ;) I'd imagine trying to get a panning Scalextric shot is extremely difficult. I might have to give it a go when my nephew gets old enough to play with Scalextric ;)

Scalextric car at full pelt is about 320mph!!! Good luck with the panning!!!

Congrats man, you'll look back on these so fondly in a few years time. Keep snapping away, she'll grow up real quick!

Cheers mate! I know 10 weeks already! Goes so quick!

Yesterday was a day off work for me but I still got up at silly o/clock, heres what I came back with.

Agay Plage 7 by Graham, on Flickr

As a rule I don't 'do' landscapes, crop shots or push the sliders around much in Lightroom. But sometimes I make exceptions...

In the company of greatness by Paul, on Flickr

I volunteered to take some photos for our local running club as they were the host club for the BC Cross Country championships held in Abbotsford on Saturday, October 28. I had no idea how big a deal this was or who I was photographing! We had a couple of Canadian Olympians (Natasha Wodak and Luc Bruchet, senior men's winner) and prospective Olympians in the field. The runners in this photo, left to right, are Canadians Natasha Wodak (senior women's winner), Rae Cliff (3rd) and Sarah Inglis of Scotland (2nd.)

In the company of greatness by Paul, on Flickr

I volunteered to take some photos for our local running club as they were the host club for the BC Cross Country championships held in Abbotsford on Saturday, October 28. I had no idea how big a deal this was or who I was photographing! We had a couple of Canadian Olympians (Natasha Wodak and Luc Bruchet, senior men's winner) and prospective Olympians in the field. The runners in this photo, left to right, are Canadians Natasha Wodak (senior women's winner), Rae Cliff (3rd) and Sarah Inglis of Scotland (2nd.)
Nice light and backdrop for a running event that (y)

Nice light and backdrop for a running event that (y)

It was 20C outside! At the end of October! It should have been mud and rain but I'm not complaining as I wouldn't have been there in mud and rain. This particular part of the course was shaded, as you can see, and as this race was run around noon Pacific time the sun made for some harsh shadows. This little area was really great for photographing the runners.

Absolutely lovely colours and tones! I'd probably have a go at removing that big stick if it were me but cracking all the same.
Thanks and yeah I know, it bugs me a bit too much, I'm no good at cloning things out but I should give it a go.

My used 70-200 f2.8 VRII has arrived! The seller did not lie - it's mint!!

I can't believe how much better built it feels compared to the 2.8e. Feels better in the hand and the zoom ring is not only in a better position (for me), it's also much better feeling (again IMO).

It is however more front heavy - and the new version is a better balanced weight wise. I guess thats a lot to do with the swapping of rings.

I guess it will all depend what you prefer. Better overall balance or better layout of controls.

Last edited:
Back