Nikon D750 & D780

Not having much luck with the MPB. Working on the works laptop earlier and the Mac was folded away about 2ft behind. Hadn’t clocked that the missus had strategically placed a full mug of tea in between. Suffice to say, that it got drowned when I tried to show her something.. But, only a little seems to have gotten inside and has drip dried ok. Is currently working....

Disaster! Never a good combo... hope you get it sorted! :(

The port is working atm and so I’ll see how things go. It’s £85 just for someone to remove the back cover.

If you get stuck idoctor4u will investigate and quote without obligation.
I realise that you’ll have to send it, but these guys are experts and don’t overcharge.
Highly recommended.

Initially I had the LR border around the image set as neutral grey, as that was something that was recommended early on. Another very well known tog recommended setting it to white to use as a reference against, well...you know...white. It does help!

This thread is full of nothingness but every 100 pages or so there's something that sound like it is worth a try!
Will see if white BG help a bit with warmness/coolness of images.

I've tried to have a look but the image is only a thumbnail and won't open any larger. The ads a pain too. From the thumbnail I can see the line you mean. Was the image taken with an IR filter (difficult to see on the small thumbnail)?

Photobucket is diabolical these days. No filters were used at all, it was a frosty backlit scene and the first time I’ve ever encountered it

Quick Photoshop question - I have 3 separate actions I use occasionally, is it possible to merge them into one new action easily?

As your all talking about LR and PS, I got a question, what is the normal file transfer size in LR
This for example ?
W by H
size matters.JPG

Yep, that worked. Never thought of trying that :p
I do this for sharpening. Have it so it adds a layer mask etc all ready for the brush.

Mind you I got carried away when I found out about recording actions. I think I even have one for merging down

As your all talking about LR and PS, I got a question, what is the normal file transfer size in LR
This for example ?
W by H
View attachment 115513

That your image output it will varie depending if you want to keep all the detail or if you want to export a small file to put on the forum for exemple. You have to say what is it for?

Last edited:
That your image output it will varie depending if you want to keep all the detail or if you want to export a small file to put on the forum for exemple. You have to say what is it for?
I'd been playing with my LR and changed the output values, I think it was H1000 X W1000 Originally but not sure.

I'd been playing with my LR and changed the output values, I think it was H1000 X W1000 Originally but not sure.

What it is originally really doesn't matter. When you output a picture from lightroom just decide how big you want it???

Image size output for me depends on use. For website use I go small just to stop people from getting a good copy if they try nicking it (I have an image that's been used by a South African quality surveyors website, the quality is poor quality. It's ironic they have nicked it and it's above the title legal services! Must get around to emailing them about it).

I export at 1024 longest Edge 300 dpi for Flickr and no image resize for printing or archiving (archiving is mainly planned as I need to start doing it rather than just leave it in LR). Currently exporting for my new Adobe portfolio website at 800 longest Edge 300 dpi (dpi probably could be lower). Don't need it bigger than that for web display and hopefully makes it load faster too.

Just had an email to say my D750 will be back from recall tomorrow. Overall it's been away about 9-10 days which seems good (they received it 22nd Nov and should be back 30th Nov).
Lucky you. Mine still away for the 2nd time

300 dpi (dpi probably could be lower)

I could be wrong, but the way i understand it, is that for the screen it makes no difference what dpi the image is. What matter is the number of pixel, an image of 1024 pixel long at 72, 96 or 300 dpi will display the same in the screen but it's only if you try to print them out they will get blown out at different scale.

I could be wrong, but the way i understand it, is that for the screen it makes no difference what dpi the image is. What matter is the number of pixel, an image of 1024 pixel long at 72, 96 or 300 dpi will display the same in the screen but it's only if you try to print them out they will get blown out at different scale.
Ive never really looking into it but you are right dpi makes no difference to screen display. Ive only ever printed a few images so never looked into it. Quite a good explanation here:

http://www.rideau-info.com/photos/whatisdpi.html

Yes, I dropped it off with them. Called them last night and the logic board is knackered so waiting for a full estimate later today. Thanks for the recommendation.

Happy to help. Let’s hope it’s not too expensive.

Even after a phone call and this was meant to be sorted. Looks like another phone call to Nikon tomorrow to sort this out.
Love the not thou that my shutter is not affected by the recall.
Well no it won't be you changed that two weeks ago. Screenshot_20171130-171115.jpg

Back