Nikon D750 & D780

The 50mm 1.8g I bought from this forum is showing and FL of 50.4mm on Flickr.

Anyone experienced this before? Any idea why or how to correct it?

Odd! Mine is showing as 50mm.

Going to borrow a 70-200 2.8e again too see how I get on with the zoom thing again.

Tempted to get a fisheye just for fun!!

What’s the difference between the 70-200 2.8e and normal one?

Zoom and focus rings reversed. Odd decision.
2.8e is sharper especially rrom 135mm onwards, better corners and quicker AF.

The VRII is still a stellar lens!

2.8e is sharper especially rrom 135mm onwards, better corners and quicker AF.

The VRII is still a stellar lens!
And no focus breathing.

While it’s traditional with longer lenses to have the zoom closer to the camera, there are quite a lot of lenses the same way around as the f2.8E. Starting with Tamron and Sigma 70-200 f/2.8 not to mention Nikon 24-85 and 24-120, Sigma 24-70, the 150-600 lenses and Nikon 200-500... I wonder if the zoomcloser to body required some compromises?

While it’s traditional with longer lenses to have the zoom closer to the camera, there are quite a lot of lenses the same way around as the f2.8E. Starting with Tamron and Sigma 70-200 f/2.8 not to mention Nikon 24-85 and 24-120, Sigma 24-70, the 150-600 lenses and Nikon 200-500... I wonder if the zoomcloser to body required some compromises?

I think it was mentioned somewhere that it’s easier to manufacture with zoom at end of lens.

It’s a shame they didn’t swap the 24-70 2.8 VR at the same time - would have made more sense!

Is the Sigma 70-200mm 2.8 any good? Are there loads of different versions of it?

Seems cheap
Depends. It's good, just not as good as the others. Even on the latter the AF speed doesn't come close to the Nikon VRII, and it doesn't render as nicely. If I was to go for a 70-200mm f2.8 now and was more budget minded I would choose the Tamron G2.

Is it possible to swap the main and sub-command dials around?

I'd prefer to have the front one as SS rather than Aperture
That's the way I have my D750 set up. (y)

How do you do it? Can't figure it out in the menus unless I am missing something really simple?

EDIT: Sorted, I was missing something really simple haha

I couldn't remember, so sidestepped the 'how to' part!

Not only are Panamoz sending me a new lens, they said if it doesn’t arrive before I go to Italy then I can take the one I have now, and they will collect it when I come back.

That is world class.
Yep, they're very good (y)

Is it possible to swap the main and sub-command dials around?

I'd prefer to have the front one as SS rather than Aperture
I`m really happy that you asked about this as I like to do macro (lots) and its a PITA that my fingers keep turning the main command dial and thus putting the shutter speed up and me getting a curtain line in my shots.
All sorted now I`m happy to say.

In the same vein as ferocious wildlife being posted, I best give my best effort :LOL: This was the face I received after the cat realised I was taking a photograph and not in fact letting it into the canal boat it was hanging around or indeed feeding it.

Unimpressed cat by andyroberts1868, on Flickr

Last edited:
I`m really happy that you asked about this as I like to do macro (lots) and its a PITA that my fingers keep turning the main command dial and thus putting the shutter speed up and me getting a curtain line in my shots.
All sorted now I`m happy to say.

I’ve done this in the studio, did consider switching the dials round but chose to be more careful.

Is a very faint circle/spot normal in the very centre of the viewfinder?

Only noticed it when I moved the AF point. Doesn’t seem to be there in live view.

I know what you mean, mine has this too but I never liked to ask what it was :whistle:

Back