Nikon D750 & D780

I was just a bit p***ed off with my Tamron 150-600 G2 as it constantly missed focus even though the spot was 100% on the birds so maybe it`ll have to go in for a check-up
I did try several settings with focus, ie, AFC 3D 52 point and whatever I could try, all the same.
More testing to be done I think.

I was just a bit p***ed off with my Tamron 150-600 G2 as it constantly missed focus even though the spot was 100% on the birds so maybe it`ll have to go in for a check-up
I did try several settings with focus, ie, AFC 3D 52 point and whatever I could try, all the same.
More testing to be done I think.
Have you used the AF point checker Lightroom plugin to see exactly where the AF point was? I know sometimes we thing we have the AF point nailed but it can 'slip off' during blackout etc.

Have you used the AF point checker Lightroom plugin to see exactly where the AF point was? I know sometimes we thing we have the AF point nailed but it can 'slip off' during blackout etc.
I'm not a lightroom subscriber now.
All photos deleted and cards formatted.
I do have my camera setup so I press the ok button and it shows me where it focused.

Nice to have a thread where people post actual images :D

If that's a dig at the Sony thread or indeed any other it is IMO a cheap one... Peeps get excited about new gear so there's a lot of gear talk but there are also pictures galore in all of the make threads.

Maybe instead of posting childish jibes you could talk about more important stuff like the gear, this is a gear section of the forum after all, and post pictures as appropriate.

If that's a dig at the Sony thread or indeed any other it is IMO a cheap one... Peeps get excited about new gear so there's a lot of gear talk but there are also pictures galore in all of the make threads.

Maybe instead of posting childish jibes you could talk about more important stuff like the gear, this is a gear section of the forum after all, and post pictures as appropriate.

Hahaha chill man. It was a joke. Didn’t know you’d be patrolling the forums to monitor any anti-your thread behaviour.

Not sure if you have noticed but I always ask questions about gear.

Grow up.

On my home to apologise to me D750. I hope she forgives me. I have handled another body, I feel so wrong and guilty. I promise not to do that to you again.
That promise didn’t last very long did it? :exit:

Last edited:
I'm not a lightroom subscriber now.
All photos deleted and cards formatted.
I do have my camera setup so I press the ok button and it shows me where it focused.
Yeah it's a good feature that OK button to zoom into the focus point. Odd then that it missed focus. I have the gen 1 and it's slow to acquire focus but then it's good at staying focus. Do you have shutter set to focus or release?

Nice to have a thread where people post actual images :D
Obviously I know this is a joke, but these threads are in the talk equipment area so really it's more odd that people post pics :p

Yeah it's a good feature that OK button to zoom into the focus point. Odd then that it missed focus. I have the gen 1 and it's slow to acquire focus but then it's good at staying focus. Do you have shutter set to focus or release?

I use BBF and I'm not sure [emoji52] AF-s is on focus and AF-c is also on focus. Does that help?

I use BBF and I'm not sure [emoji52] AF-s is on focus and AF-c is also on focus. Does that help?
Yes, that's even more strange then as the camera shouldn't take the shot unless it's in focus, i.e. it would just not take the shot if it wasn't in focus. OK it's not 100% but that's the gist. If you have it set to release the shutter would fire whether the shot's in focus or not. What level of AF lock on do you have?

Yes, that's even more strange then as the camera shouldn't take the shot unless it's in focus, i.e. it would just not take the shot if it wasn't in focus. OK it's not 100% but that's the gist. If you have it set to release the shutter would fire whether the shot's in focus or not. What level of AF lock on do you have?
It's set to Normal. OK, what happened when I had the spot on the bird (remember these are not small birds) and I fired off the shot it focused on the mountain behind and at times just wouldn't focus on the bird even though I was on it. Just had a look, I'm 4 days past my warranty, it's a UK grey so they only gave 1 year [emoji35]

It's set to Normal. OK, what happened when I had the spot on the bird (remember these are not small birds) and I fired off the shot it focused on the mountain behind and at times just wouldn't focus on the bird even though I was on it. Just had a look, I'm 4 days past my warranty, it's a UK grey so they only gave 1 year [emoji35]
I assume single point AF?

We've covered all the main topics here.
Screen protectors
Lost eye pieces.
We even got serious once and spoke about shutter recall.

Obviously I know this is a joke, but these threads are in the talk equipment area so really it's more odd that people post pics :p
Dam,ive been posting in the wrong area for the last few years,i wondered why there arent many photos in these threads :rolleyes:

Don't forget to increase HDD/SDD capacity :)
D850 files aren't that bad tbh, I think they're about 51mb lossless compressed but I have the option of shooting at 25mp too of course (y)

D850 files aren't that bad tbh, I think they're about 51mb lossless compressed but I have the option of shooting at 25mp too of course (y)

I've been using a D800 for 6 years.... just imagine! (Only jealous Toby, been thinking about a replacement/upgrade myself)

Medium format quality in a 35mm hardware package - what's not to like?

I've been using a D800 for 6 years.... just imagine! (Only jealous Toby, been thinking about a replacement/upgrade myself)

Medium format quality in a 35mm hardware package - what's not to like?
Yeah, I'm very excited it looks one hell of a camera. I'm not sure I'm going to bother buying the EN-EL18b battery though to get the extra 2fps, it's a hell of a lot of money (battery £180, battery charger £375 :eek: :eek: :eek:) for something that I'll not benefit from much. For most things the 6.5fps of my D750 is enough. I'll get a grip and just use a second EN-EL15a battery

This is a big deal for me
Screen Shot 2018-04-05 at 10.49.12.png

As are the outer points being cross type
Screen Shot 2018-04-05 at 10.49.29.png

She's on hols till Friday mate, so likely Monday. Waiting for my Sony is really annoying me, looking at other things now.
OK, thanks for the heads up. Gives me time to juggle some money around anyway. I think I'm going to get the 24-70mm f2.8 too and sell my 24-120mm and 85mm f1.4. The D850 will give me almost the same effective reach on the 24-70mm (105mm in DX mode), and I've used my 85mm f1.4 twice in the time I've had it :oops: :$ Looking at DXO scores the 24-120mm isn't as good at resolving the high MP as the 24-70mm, and for the very odd time I do portrait I'll just use my 70-200mm or 50mm.

What else has taken your fancy then?

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm very excited it looks one hell of a camera. I'm not sure I'm going to bother buying the EN-EL18b battery though to get the extra 2fps, it's a hell of a lot of money (battery £180, battery charger £375 :eek: :eek: :eek:) for something that I'll not benefit from much. For most things the 6.5fps of my D750 is enough. I'll get a grip and just use a second EN-EL15a battery

This is a big deal for me
View attachment 123717

As are the outer points being cross type
View attachment 123718

OK, thanks for the heads up. Gives me time to juggle some money around anyway. I think I'm going to get the 24-70mm f2.8 too and sell my 24-120mm and 85mm f1.4. The D850 will give me almost the same effective reach on the 24-70mm (105mm in DX mode), and I've used my 85mm f1.4 twice in the time I've had it :oops: :$ Looking at DXO scores the 24-120mm isn't as good at resolving the high MP as the 24-70mm, and for the very odd time I do portrait I'll just use my 70-200mm or 50mm.

What else has taken your fancy then?

D850, A7riii, just need to be patient, but its annoying.

Back