Nikon D750 & D780

I have the old peak design slide design but rarely used it since i have the smaller leash. If foldability is important to you should look into it.

Might be a bit small for the 70-200 on board?

When your two main lenses are the 70-200mm f2.8 and 150-600mm a sling strap is a must imo to give your arms a rest. Peak Design slide all the way for me. I wish it was a bit prettier though, it does look like you've got a bit of seatbelt around your shoulder :LOL:

Has anyone tried the new Peak Design ... do the new anchors really fit with any tripod base? And do the new anchors mate with old straps?

Has anyone tried the new Peak Design ... do the new anchors really fit with any tripod base? And do the new anchors mate with old straps?
Which new one is that?

They released newer slide strap recently. In usual black or ash grey. Changed the anchors, made the strap clasps better too.
I'll have to take a look (y)

OK, just had a look. Apart from the new 'tripod' anchor point what else have they changed? That new tripod anchor's no good to me as I have the RC2 compatible one so I can clip it straight onto my tripod and monopod (y)

OK, just had a look. Apart from the new 'tripod' anchor point what else have they changed? That new tripod anchor's no good to me as I have the RC2 compatible one so I can clip it straight onto my tripod and monopod (y)

Updates include: new silicone grip, upgraded webbing, lower profile strap/hardware transitions, and crease-free internal padding. Anchor connectors have been updated to be smaller, faster, and more secure.

Still not sure what colour to order!!

Last edited:
Updates include: new silicone grip, upgraded webbing, lower profile strap/hardware transitions, and crease-free internal padding. Anchor connectors have been updated to be smaller, faster, and more secure.

Still not sure what colour to order!!

Doesn't mean it is a big update really. Look like it's 90% the same to me. Only the choice of colour is the reel difference the rest is sligh improvement no game changers.

Doesn't mean it is a big update really. Look like it's 90% the same to me. Only the choice of colour is the reel difference the rest is sligh improvement no game changers.

Didn’t say was a bit update, was just telling @snerkler the differences and copied that from the home page!

I’ve gone and lost a lens cap whilst out in the bluebells. £17 for a new one, jeez. Anyone used any third party ones? I know, penny pinching lol

First lot of these, this year..

41163006095_d549f32757_b.jpg

Oh no, its the man who only takes pictures of his wife riding her horse... yep that's me!! How water proof is the D750?! Flickr seems too be posting at a lower quality?? These look much better on my computer (n)

Think I might have to delete these. Just checked, and even on Facebook they look better. Confused.

DSC_6248_copy by Justin Akehurst, on Flickr

DSC_6215_copy by Justin Akehurst, on Flickr

Brendan by Justin Akehurst, on Flickr

Last edited:
Oh no, its the man who only takes pictures of his wife riding her horse... yep that's me!! How water proof is the D750?! Flickr seems too be posting at a lower quality?? These look much better on my computer (n)

Think I might have to delete these. Just checked, and even on Facebook they look better. Confused.

These are good again, IMO the top two are a bit tight. Click through to flickr and they look bad, but on zooming they look fine! v

These are good again, IMO the top two are a bit tight. Click through to flickr and they look bad, but on zooming they look fine! v

I got a bit crop happy! But thank you!

Changed them to the uncropped versions! No idea why Flickr is doing that with the quality!

Love it, been doing the same :)

Been meaning to all week but struggling with time and the council cut the bloody park in the week which scuppered a plan. How old is your little girl? There's a few years of this kind of stuff for me yet.

Changed them to the uncropped versions! No idea why Flickr is doing that with the quality!
I’m finding my images on Flickr are reduced in quality these days and then even worse when linked on here. Not sure why, I’m uploading at the same quality as I always have done. Dunno if it’s the takeover or just coinicidence.

What size?
Thinking about it i may have had 2 one was on my 18-55mm and having just checked i have an aftermarket one on my 50mm. Which has been on there for about 4 years now i think if not more

I always forget there's a 'motordrive' on the D750. Today I remembered and out of a burst of ten frames I got this one. It might get used more often in future!

_7508456.jpg

On the 7th April, I charged all the batteries I have for the D750, 2 Nikon ones and 1 ExPro ones, used one in the camera body on the day and took a few shots last week, still had 40% left at the end of yesterday.

The other 2 did not even get used since 07/04, put them in the camera and both are at 20%, so is usual, or are both batteries defective.

Thank you

On the 7th April, I charged all the batteries I have for the D750, 2 Nikon ones and 1 ExPro ones, used one in the camera body on the day and took a few shots last week, still had 40% left at the end of yesterday.

The other 2 did not even get used since 07/04, put them in the camera and both are at 20%, so is usual, or are both batteries defective.

Thank you

I’ve noticed my spares tend to lose charge over time. I’ll have to have a look as haven’t used them for many months.

Back