Nikon D750 & D780

I always forget there's a 'motordrive' on the D750. Today I remembered and out of a burst of ten frames I got this one. It might get used more often in future!

_7508456.jpg

What is the 'motordrive'?

What is the 'motordrive'?

Me showing my age. :(

A motordrive is what used to attach to film cameras to wind film on without having to use the crank lever. It could also fire off rapidly at something like two or three frames a second!

I think it's called continuous mode these days.

If you let the batteries go flat you may not be able to recover them.

But why do they lose charge when they are sat doing nothing, the battery in my D90 would last over 6 months sitting in the body doing nothing.

But why do they lose charge when they are sat doing nothing, the battery in my D90 would last over 6 months sitting in the body doing nothing.
Most batteries lose charge over time, not sure why.

Have been playing with an image I took last week. Something along the lines I had in mind but not sure I've totally nailed it.. ps. looks best viewed on a big screen!

27242672537_096b83d275_b.jpg

Last edited:
I think it's probably a touch too dark, but wanted a creepy feel to it.
I like it tbh, although being picky it's a bit too purply Fuji Velvia colour for my tastes.

I like it tbh, although being picky it's a bit too purply Fuji Velvia colour for my tastes.

Not sure I quite have the colour tone completely to taste. Started off by blue undertones in the shadows and ended up after a lot of tweaking with this rendition, but it's easy to keep faffing with it, ha.

When she's older, I quite like the idea of a fantasy, woodland, themed shoot. Never done anything quite like that before.

Colour wise it's more to my taste, and as a picture it's lovely. If you want the 'horror' look then it looked more like that when it was darker imo ;)

It's to do with flux capitor
Are we talking about batteries or back to the future now... [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

Sad day yesterday, finally put my D750 up for sale, been a truly great camera :( However, it's not all bad news as I get to console myself with a D850 ;)

Are you just sticking with one body? It'll be quiet around here (already has been this week!)
Yeah, I really don't need two and I need to recoup some of the cost of the D850. I think TP on the whole is a bit quieter these days. D750 thread is definitely quieter and D850 is extremely quiet. The Sony A7 thread is the only one that seems that active :(

I'm selling my vertex battery grip for the D750 as well if anyone's interested.

Yeah, I really don't need two and I need to recoup some of the cost of the D850. I think TP on the whole is a bit quieter these days. D750 thread is definitely quieter and D850 is extremely quiet. The Sony A7 thread is the only one that seems that active :(

It is a lot quiter, but granted the Sony thread is a lot more active, but mainly because its the same group just posting the same stuff page after page :LOL:

I just haven't had the time!

Yes it does all appear dead lately, except that thread

Well hopefully we will have some fresh meat when Toby sell his and they want to know about screen protectors.
And
French people.
[emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]
I'm very British thanks. [emoji111]

Anyone know how to factory reset the D750. The manual says to hold the EXP comp and ISO buttons for two seconds until the display briefly turns off. This resets shooting settings but things like my copyright info and my menu settings are still there. Any way to wipe it properly or do I have to do it all manually?

Anyone know how to factory reset the D750. The manual says to hold the EXP comp and ISO buttons for two seconds until the display briefly turns off. This resets shooting settings but things like my copyright info and my menu settings are still there. Any way to wipe it properly or do I have to do it all manually?
Doesn't the manual explain it.

I'm considering moving to Sony. I have a nikon d5200 at the moment and I feel its holding me back. Want to jump to full frame. I looked at the nikon D750 but for just a little more money the Sony A7iii is all round a better deal. It's a 2018 camera vs a 2014 camera. The only bad thing is the Sony lenses cost alot.

Back