Nikon D750 & D780

I've just plumped for the Nikon 35mm f1.8 FX over the Sigma 35mm - the Siggy is amazing (had 2x before!) but fancied the lighter weight of the Nikon one for travel. I'm using on a D800 but certainly have an eye on a swap to the D750 before the summer. I'm tempted by the 24-105 but the mixed reviews and relatively high cost make me wonder if I'd just be better off with a cheapish Tamron 28-75 or Nikon 24-85 VR
Chris
The Tamron is a way Better lens than the nikkor 24-85. Agree about the mixed reviews over the 24-120. It was my obvious choice to fill the gap between my 16-35 and 70-200 f/4's. Went with the Tamron. No regrets.

Hi all

after reading some of the posts re a possible issue with the 750 I'm beginning to waiver a bit in my desire to get one !

However , sticking with the idea , I have a question or 2 if someone would be kind enough to help me out please ?

I'm looking to upgrade from a D7000 , I shoot mostly moto x , landscape & macro . Lenses that would work with a ff are my nikon 70-200mm f2.8 & Tamron 90mm but I need to get a more landscape orientated lens .My current sigma 10-20mm won't be suitable for the 750 ( & I don't really get on with it anyway !)

So ,can someone tell me...

A) would the 750 be suitable for moto x / motorsports
&
B) recommend me a decent wide-ish landscape-ish type lens

My current plan ( at least it was before reading a bit on here) was to trade the D700 & D90 plus sigma & nikor 18-300 against a 750 body & lens plus obviously some cash . I wouldn't be against a grey import body (they are about £600 cheaper than UK prices currently) then use the body's & lenses against a UK lens.

I never was much good with decisions !

cheers in advance , Lynne

I could see a problem using it for Moto-x

And I'm going for the 16-35 it's meant to be a peach

I could see a problem using it for Moto-x

And I'm going for the 16-35 it's meant to be a peach

Cheers Ben.....what would be the issue with Moto x ?

& I'm off to look at the 16-35.....

Last edited:
A) would the 750 be suitable for moto x / motorsports

From what I have read throughout this thread, those who have tried the D750 motorsport have been very pleased, it is the reason I am considering ordering one.

Last edited:
If its is F4 throughout, i`d love one. F2.8 may make it a tad cumbersome......:naughty:
Sorry a bit off topic, but if your talking 70-200, get the F/4. Really. Can't think of many reasons to go F2.8, unless this is how you pay your mortgage and bills. I even talk my F/4 on holiday, just in case. How many do that with an F/2.8.

Sorry a bit off topic, but if your talking 70-200, get the F/4. Really. Can't think of many reasons to go F2.8, unless this is how you pay your mortgage and bills. I even talk my F/4 on holiday, just in case. How many do that with an F/2.8.

apart from the greater light gathering potential and the longer reach by using a TC while still achieveing f4 or f5.6

Last year it was one of the smallest I took :D

I've just ordered myself a D750 with the 24-120 f4. At £400 it was too good to resist and will come in handy sometimes both as a lens I can use for candids and speeches where my priority isn't bokeh but also maybe as a general lens for family outings.

I'm wondering though if it's better than the Sigma 24-105 Art. There doesn't seem to be a lot of information out there about that lens.

I really like the look of the Sigma Art, more expensive and heavier but looks fantastic.

The wife sent me this earlier just after it had arrived .. The joys of working away all week :( roll on Friday tea time. Just waiting for sigma 50 1.4 and samyang 24 1.4 to arrive I feel like a kid at Xmas.

View attachment 28180

Sent from my iPhone using Talk Photography Forums

Speak to her about White Balance :D
:coat:

Any views on the best (non Nikon) grip (MB-D16?) for a D750.
I see a few on ebay, are they all pretty much the same, or is one a bit better?
And by that I mean weight, feel and reliability wise.

I wonder if the 750 has been out long enough for any after market grips issues to come to light, Battery drain etc.
I've read somewhere that sometimes a frimware update on some models effects the operation of some after market grips to some extent.

Genuine one for me as and when..

I wonder if the 750 has been out long enough for any after market grips issues to come to light, Battery drain etc.
I've read somewhere that sometimes a frimware update on some models effects the operation of some after market grips to some extent.

Genuine one for me as and when..

In general terms ( i don't have any experience with D750 grips) aftermark gripsare better purchased from known manufacturers in my experience ... ive 3 Hahnel grips on my cameras and they are all fine... i suspect the issues might arise with cheap chinese tat off ebay

Any views on the best (non Nikon) grip (MB-D16?) for a D750.
I see a few on ebay, are they all pretty much the same, or is one a bit better?
And by that I mean weight, feel and reliability wise.

I've asked this question several times on this thread and never seem to get an answer:(.
However i have looked at the Pixel Vertax D16 grip (all previous incarnations for other models were great) but reviews indicate severe battery drain so the alternative is Meike MK-dr750 but this one does not have any reviews so I am also waiting for somebody who has bought one to feedback.
Cheers:)

Last edited:
I've asked this question several times on this thread and never seem to get an answer:(.
However i have looked at the Pixel Vertax D16 grip (all previous incarnations for other models were great) but reviews indicate severe battery drain so the alternative is Meike MK-dr750 but this one does not have any reviews so I am also waiting for somebody who has bought one to feedback.
Cheers:)

1 review on Amazon usa.
Read the 2 comments.
MK-DR750-Wireless-Control-Nikon-D750

Last edited:
OK, Sigma 35 1.4 and Nikon 85 1.8 combo or 24-70 Nikon or 24-70 Tamron?

Confused about which way to go......Also considering the new 35mm 1.8 canon in place of the sigma, but the sigma images are fantastic!

Anyone fitted a rear screen protector yet ? I see Nikon don't list one !
Just wondered if i need to worry or is the Glass very durable ?

Last edited:

Confused about which way to go......Also considering the new 35mm 1.8 canon in place of the sigma, but the sigma images are fantastic!

How are you going ot use a Canon lens on a Nikon? Id go prime only setup.

Anyone fitted a rear screen protector yet ? I see Nikon don't list one !
Just wondered if i need to worry or is the Glass very durable ?
Worries me too. I'd like to think its as durable as the screen on my iphone 5. It shares a pocket with keys and coins and still look fresh.

Sigma 35mm ART all the way. Fantastic lens. Nikon 85 1.8 gets good reviews. Price at HDEW makes it easyier.
No experience of the Nikkor or Tammy 24-70's. Plenty have though. Not that it will necessarily help! Some love the Nikkor, some less so.

Back