Nikon D750 & D780

But in 18 months time time when you want to sell a D750 the question the buyer will want to know is " was it a repaired one or one of the later ones that were sold without the fault?"

These things tend to blow over if they're fixed quickly, I'd find it more likely a new buyer wouldn't even be aware.

Received my D750, plus a load of other goodies, earlier this week and it doesn't seem to be displaying the flare issue. To be fair, I'd put the order through about 6 weeks ago and wasn't aware if the issue until a mate pointed it out.

Anyway, WHAT A CAMERA!!! I've been using D7000s for a few years but I needed more detail for product catalogue shooting, and a more responsive video function. I didn't want to go D800 and the D4 was just too pricey for our purchasing dept. at work.

Handling is good, although the button configuration is slightly different to the D7000 if I remember rightly. The front control dial doesn't stand proud enough out from the body for use with cold fingers - I found this yesterday while out on a shoot - and the rear D-pad is a bit spongy compared to my old bodies. The grip hasn't arrived yet, so that will undoubtedly improve handling, because it's quite a small camera for my massive hands...

... However, the image quality is amazing. .NEF files are very different in LR5 compared to my other Nikons and they can take a hell of a lot of adjustment, really flexible files. Detail is superb. High ISO is proper - being able to shoot indoors in dim light is a joy fir getting pics of the kids when I get home from work without relying on flash.

Early days with it and it's certainly a joy to use with good glass - 17-35, 24-70 and 70-200 - and I think that the accompanying D7100 I also got delivered might not get much of a look-in while there's still the novelty of FX goodness :)

I'm still finding the latitude in the files to be unbelievably good. Must get out and use the 16-35 this weekend as haven't really touched it since I bought it with the body a couple of months ago.

Most people want an item that has not been repaired they want one that has no defects and has been defect free.A repaired one is far less attractive than a camera that has not been repaired or bodged with bits stuck in it to prevent a flare issue.
However there are always those people who buy that car on the forecourt that is shot to bits and you often wonder who they are and what goes on in their minds to make them buy such a heap.
I would not touch a repaired one with a barge pole.

Like Gary said above dont feed the trolls. The forum will go off track like the last time and the mods will have to clean the section up.

Because when you buy a 2nd hand one you want confidence that it doesn't have the internal reflection !

Which if it'd been fixed, you would!

Anyway, mine arrived just before I headed out to a kids birthday party with my little one today. Since it takes the same battery as the D7000 I took the D750 with me instead.

First impressions are simply wow!

Got mine on Thursday, and only had a chance today, to have a play. Takes a bit of getting used to the controls (coming from a D700), but getting there slowly. Feels really nice in the hand. Only taken a few test shots to make sure the thing works, but super pleased with it.

16299307742_1abd1ba0b7_c.jpg

Whereabouts in Staffs are you? If your near Burton I'm not so far away. With a load of Nikon lenses you could try.

Wow thanks Graham!

I'm in Stoke so not too far, have a wedding fayre tomorrow or I'd be down like a shot. Have been told today the order will be resolved on Monday and the lenses with us by Tuesday midday. If not I'll be in touch if that's still ok as I'm a little wary about the 14 Panamoz free return deadline. :)

Did someone on this thread recommend a Intervalometer / Cable release for the D750??
I’ve read so much over the last few weeks and I remember one being recommended but cant find it .... just wanting to get all the links i need for accessories for when I press the button to order it all so its all here at the same time.

Thanks

If you have an smartphone I suggest to get http://triggertrap.com cable instead. It does everything as external cable + a lot more.

I've had one of those on my last camera but didn't really like having my phone attached especially when the tripod was in water

That's the one I was after thanks

Thanks it's on the list ;)

Just building the list so when I know Panamoz starts supplying "fixed" d750 I can pull the trigger on everything I need I mean want ;)

If your stuck for lens to add i can offer suggestions but only if you insist :)
14-24 2.8
24-70 2.8
70-200 II 2.8

If your stuck for lens to add i can offer suggestions but only if you insist :)
14-24 2.8
24-70 2.8
70-200 II 2.8

Haha thanks for the suggestions but these ones are out of my reach

I've decided on the 16-35 f4, 24-120 f4, and a Samyang 14mm f2.8, and already have the Nikon 70-300vr from the last kit which I'll keep a I very rarely use it!!

Thanks for the suggestions

Just checked my serial number and it is one that is affected. Even though I haven't experienced the problem yet I guess it will be best to get it sent in and fixed.

Just checked my serial number and it is one that is affected. Even though I haven't experienced the problem yet I guess it will be best to get it sent in and fixed.

Snap.

Although, I don't have it to hand so can't see if the retailer got it sorted beforehand, unlikely though.

Yer i'm at work but logged into my Nikon Europe account and under product registartion i got my serial number and checked via the link.
Looks like mine will get repaired :)

Attached the identifiying mark if yours was rectified pre ship.

My D750 is on the affected list too, not that I have seen any evidence of the problem. I guess I had better register it for repair. Of course I could always just buy myself a black dot sticker for the tripod screw hole ......

Back