Nikon D750 & D780

Ah didn't click on it.

Well stanage or curbur might of been good last night

Well unfortunately the forecast wasn't quite right but it was good to have a reccy and visit a new area of the Peaks. It's an incredible landscape around there, the rocks are literally the size of houses.

The Roaches
by David Raynham, on Flickr

Nice shot... stood on the nose of "The Winking Man"

I'm pretty sure these are chickens.:)

_7504560.jpg

_7504701.jpg

_7504718.jpg

Ended up with a D700 as a backup, so not the same control layout, battery or memory cards :)

Still, full frame goodness for less than £500.

Still got a few pics to go through, might pull something out from it.

Forecast is for full sun... Erm...
Yeah not the best for daytime shooting but should be nice this evening. Red hot at the mo, almost feel bad for going in shortly to watch the Moto GP ;)

TBH I'm not 100% sure but it looks like it could be a long coat rat chihuahua (I'm out in the sun viewing on my iphone though so can't see that well ;))

:runaway::runaway::runaway:

TBH I'm not 100% sure but it looks like it could be a long coat rat chihuahua (I'm out in the sun viewing on my iphone though so can't see that well ;))
Oi! I saw that! :p

Toby's right though, it's a long haired Chihuahua. (y)

Last edited:
They're trig points. Some sort of mapping device i believe. Normally placed where there are 360° views.

Yes he correct.

There one top of win hill and lose hill too well quite a lot of places round here

I was taking some pictures of the Red Arrows yesterday and I noticed a tiny speck of dust in the bottom left hand corner of the View Finder.
It's not causing any issue on my images, just a bit annoying.
I can see the general concensus is to not to worry about this kind of thing, is that right? Does anyone else have this?

One of my Blue Tit nests fledged yesterday and i missed it, this is one out of my second box that fledged today. D750 and Sigma 150-600C

Juvenile Blue Tit
by Philip Blair, on Flickr
I thought I was going to witness the one in our garden fledging yesterday, he kept half coming out of the box and then going back in again. Not seen much action around the box today so guessing I've missed it :(

I was taking some pictures of the Red Arrows yesterday and I noticed a tiny speck of dust in the bottom left hand corner of the View Finder.
I can see the general concensus is to not to worry about this kind of thing, is that right? Does anyone else have this?
Won't cause any issues, but is annoying. I have several pieces of dust, and a strand of something and as yet cannot find a way to clean it without taking it out, and I don't fancy doing that tbh.

Last edited:
Won't cause any issues, but is annoying. I have several pieces of dust not, and a strand of something and as yet cannot find a way to clean it without taking it out, and I don't fancy doing that tbh.
My D3000 was horrendous for it and I made it worse by using a Rocket Blower.
My D7100 also had some bits and bobs in it but I never did anything about it.
I suspect I was just noticing it as I was looking at the sky. Maybe if I'd managed to get Jets in the frame instead of sky I wouldn't have noticed :D

I have 2 or 3 in mine and it is only 3 months old. Bugs the S**t out of me!

Back