Nikon D750 & D780

Like everything photography related, it’s all subjective and your own taste dependant. Colours can be changed to your own taste.

What's this mean in English? ;)
Forgot your not down with the kids.

Off tomorrow to photograph my mate trail riding. (Like a tv show called kickstart for your older ones)
I'm trying to convince myself I only need my 70-200. But keep getting a what if moment haha

But that’s digital photography . If you want a specific, out the camera ‘look’, shoot film.

However, the ‘process’ can be as simple or involved as you want.

Or shoot polaroids! Too much variable in shooting film nowadays between developer, scanning and then processing.

Forgot your not down with the kids.

Off tomorrow to photograph my mate trail riding. (Like a tv show called kickstart for your older ones)
I'm trying to convince myself I only need my 70-200. But keep getting a what if moment haha
Kickstart, what a program (y)

70-200’s perfect (y)

Whilst I appreciate this forum is quiet. I can't see it being because of Facebook as most of the post on the d750 groups I've joined. I'd say 80% of the posts are people asking which lens is best for weddings. I can't seem to find a d750 UK users only which I would prefer to be honest.
But this is my first goto place for asking anything at the minute get a better and more informative answer. (Most of the time )

Whilst I appreciate this forum is quiet. I can't see it being because of Facebook as most of the post on the d750 groups I've joined. I'd say 80% of the posts are people asking which lens is best for weddings. I can't seem to find a d750 UK users only which I would prefer to be honest.
But this is my first goto place for asking anything at the minute get a better and more informative answer. (Most of the time )

I’m a bit sad that I dont really bother with anywhere else. Time more than anything but haven’t found anywhere that’s got the right mix. Occasionally look at FM and a FB group but very sporadically.

At least I can keep up with this thread. The Sony one is too busy for me.

Last edited:
I’m a bit sad that I dont really bother with anywhere else. Time more than anything but haven’t found anywhere that’s got the right mix. Occasionally look at FM and a FB group but very sporadically.

Tbh mate most of the d750 fb stuff you would be banging your head against a brick wall and thinking why am I wasting my time here.

Tbh mate most of the d750 fb stuff you would be banging your head against a brick wall and thinking why am I wasting my time here.
I blame the yanks, really thick with a Camera in their hands :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Processing is more contrasty in those Justin, which is to my taste.

Funny how we all have our own favourite subjects. Maybe we should have a month of posting stuff a bit different from our usual ha.

Good idea! No idea what I would take pics of but I will give it a go!

I still find this forum the best in terms of activity, response, appearance etc. I started off on AV Forums, which I still like but if you think this forum's slow then try that one. Very few members these days :( DP review has the most hideous layout and structure, I can't believe in this day and age they still have something that looks and functions like software from the 80's.

Processing is more contrasty in those Justin, which is to my taste.

Funny how we all have our own favourite subjects. Maybe we should have a month of posting stuff a bit different from our usual ha.
I agree, I much prefer this contrasty appearance which (imo) is more natural looking. I've really gone off the images with the raised shadows. Whilst I appreciate it brings out more detail it doesn't look natural imo.

I've really gone off the images with the raised shadows. Whilst I appreciate it brings out more detail it doesn't look natural imo.

Absolutely - annoys the hell out of me!

I agree, I much prefer this contrasty appearance which (imo) is more natural looking. I've really gone off the images with the raised shadows. Whilst I appreciate it brings out more detail it doesn't look natural imo.

Ha, depends what I’m doing, or what the subject is. For everyday stuff I generally don’t but then I do for some stuff. However, in my defence, I don’t just raise the bottom section without pulling more down above, giving a slight matte effect but lots of depth.

Last edited:
I’m the same. I will get a higher resolution model at some point to replace the 610, but probably a couple of years away. Promised myself to run my 750 into the ground, is far more capable than I.
I'm the same, i bought mine as a 5 year camera and i only have it just over 2 years now. And it can cope with far more than i can ever throw at it.

Thanks for the info. I have seen the d750 bodies on amazon for around £1300. Some people say they are uk and some say they got an import. Would you trust amazon? I'll check out panamoz but I'd like to hear from people who used them.

I bought a D7000 from Panamoz 5 or 6 years ago, it developed a focusing fault after a couple of months and they sent me a new one. My D750 also came from them as did a couple of lens and an ipad.

Golden by Paul, on Flickr

I had the opportunity to photograph the Fraser Valley High School Track and Field Championships this past Friday. In addition to shooting for my regular client I try to get a few of other people/schools. This particular young lady was faaaasst. She won the senior women's 100m hurdles quite handily. It turns out she holds the BC record for her age group and was a bronze medallist at the 2017 Commonwealth Youth Games.

So I shot my first full wedding since swapping over to the D750s. I think it’s safe to say I should have done it a long time ago. One thing that did surprise me though was battery usage, while it was still very good, it was more than my D700s used to use (D3 too but that’s not really a fair comparison as the battery is bigger plus pro level etc) I probably could have managed on one charge but decided to swap over in the run up to the evening just in case it meant swapping at an inopportune moment. Maybe I’ll even share some pictures after the couple have seen them :D

So I shot my first full wedding since swapping over to the D750s. I think it’s safe to say I should have done it a long time ago. One thing that did surprise me though was battery usage, while it was still very good, it was more than my D700s used to use (D3 too but that’s not really a fair comparison as the battery is bigger plus pro level etc) I probably could have managed on one charge but decided to swap over in the run up to the evening just in case it meant swapping at an inopportune moment. Maybe I’ll even share some pictures after the couple have seen them :D
Look forward to seeing the pics. I'm surprised you found the battery performance was worse than the D700, the D700 must be a monster in that department. I often got well over 1500 shots with the D750.

Yeah I was surprised too, the D700 was amazing though to be fair. Admittedly I shot slightly more on Saturday than I normally do and it was the batteries’ first outing. Up until then I’d been using the other 2 batteries so maybe just need a little battery training :)

It was approaching 1000 shots at 30% or so left, that would have been 50-60% left on the EN-EL3. Like I said, still amazing!

Last edited:
@JJ! I found this collaborates with what we’ve discussed about the 70-200mm FL, how’re you getting on with yours now?

View: https://youtu.be/PEZuJ9lQioE

Surprisingly enough I actually prefer it now! Not once have I accidentally rotated the focus ring and actually finding the balance really good.

I think I was so used to the zoom placement it just felt odd at first, but now I just enjoy using it.

Yeah I was surprised too, the D700 was amazing though to be fair. Admittedly I shot slightly more on Saturday than I normally do and it was the batteries’ first outing. Up until then I’d been using the other 2 batteries so maybe just need a little battery training :)

It was approaching 1000 shots at 30% or so left, that would have been 50-60% left on the EN-EL3. Like I said, still amazing!

For some reason I don't think the d750 batteries are as good as the en-el3 ones. My ones lose charge sitting doing nothing, where as the el3 one holds (d90) charge for quite some time sitting in the camera.

Found this amazing field last week but unfortunately the best light coincides with bedtime and so I got nearly nothing last night. Except these two shots, which I've processed a bit funkily (for me) Hopefully get there again within the week.

42255404541_97c65fe4be_b.jpg

28382100218_a9d24e6965_b.jpg

These are awful, the lens seems like a dud. Send it to me to double check ...

Back