Nikon D800......

I mentioned a few pages back that I had bought a cheap Sigma 70-300mm lens as a lightweight option for me. It also works with a Kenko 1.4 TC which is great for me, as I enjoy taking photos of garden birds. Anyway, liked this portrait one of Hugo our mutt with the combination.

Hugo Portrait. by Swansea Jack, on Flickr

The Siggy 70-300 is a beauty of a lens. So cheap, so clunky and noisy to boot but the IQ is brill.

Good stuff mate.

Thanks David.

I previously had the old version with felt like finish, when I had the D750 and regretted selling it, I only paid £50 for it from Wex.o_O.......... When looking back at some of my pics, I preferred the output over the Tamron 70-300mm VC I had and my old Nikon 70-300mm VR. As the Sigma is a bit lighter it maybe helping me with my dodgy shoulders?

I bought the same again this time, the APO version and for £150 I think it's a bargain. The newer ones are more of a plastic finish now, like the Tamron/Nikon versions.

Thanks David.

I previously had the old version with felt like finish, when I had the D750 and regretted selling it, I only paid £50 for it from Wex.o_O.......... When looking back at some of my pics, I preferred the output over the Tamron 70-300mm VC I had and my old Nikon 70-300mm VR. As the Sigma is a bit lighter it maybe helping me with my dodgy shoulders?

I bought the same again this time, the APO version and for £150 I think it's a bargain. The newer ones are more of a plastic finish now, like the Tamron/Nikon versions.

Yeah i had the crap 'un. Was excellent. Tempted to get another tbh as a lightweight landscape lens.

Yeah i had the crap 'un. Was excellent. Tempted to get another tbh as a lightweight landscape lens.

I have been using mine with a Kenko 1.4TC, with the 1.2 crop mode on the D810 it's a cheap version of a 504mm lens or 630mm using the DX mode. This is the one I have, the newer version without the aperture ring > http://www.wexphotographic.com/buy-...ca9b41551a4c2ff6c28f709e4534fcd&utm_source=aw

MPB have a felt like version for £84.00 which is the one I used on the D750 > https://www.mpb.com/en-uk/used-equi...mm-f-4-5-6-apo-dg-macro-nikon-fit/sku-615877/

Not the greatest showing on here, but I liked this semi macro shot of the bee using the D750 combo. When I look at the detail on my puter it looks really good plus you're at 200-300mm range for macro use, so not too close to the critters.

In summary, such a versatile lens when you want to keep the weight down.

20150419-DSC_1937 by Swansea Jack, on Flickr

One from the last day of my holiday in Norfolk. The Little Owl did not oblige but I was lucky enough to have an Egyptian Goose as a fallback option :)

Egyptian Goose by Dave Semmens, on Flickr

Dave.
wow lovely Dave, awesome vivid colours. That 500mm is a beauty of a lens.

One from the last day of my holiday in Norfolk. The Little Owl did not oblige but I was lucky enough to have an Egyptian Goose as a fallback option :)

Egyptian Goose by Dave Semmens, on Flickr

Dave.

Lovely shot Dave, great comp', some really good colour, and the detail is spot on.(y)

George.

That's a very nice shot Alastair, great comp', lovely sky, and for me just about the right amount of movement in the water.(y)

George.

Managed to get out recently as well. The Zeiss 25mm is a great lens on the D8xx bodies I think.

Light Cloud by Neil, on Flickr

That's one very nice shot Neil, beautiful colours, great composition, and fine detail.(y)

George.

I love Naoussa! Have been there over 10 times, if you're staying I can recommend the Manis Inn [emoji106][emoji106]

I love Naoussa! Have been there over 10 times, if you're staying I can recommend the Manis Inn [emoji106][emoji106]

Noted for next time. Were staying not far down the road but we leave for Santorini tomorrow for 4 days. Really looking forward to it after seeing postcards and pictures of the place splattered everywhere for the last few days.

Back