Nikon D800......

Ive got 3 more nights on Santorini then off to Ios. Going to battle the crowds and get up to Oia Tonight. Fingers crossed I can get a nice shot up there.

Ios .... Named after an operating system! And the scene of many crimes in my misspent youth [emoji3]

Ye its really nice and super sharp. For the focal range I shot at its perfect, and if I need a bit wider I'll tend to just stitch a couple together instead of swiping to wider angle. Great investment

Picked up a Nikon 50mm f1.4 D lens from Wex over the weekend and it arrived yesterday. Couple of grab shots of the boss when she came home from work, I know there's errors, but the mutt won't stay still for long enough to practice on, so the wife had to do! :D

I know Peter @macvisual picked one up from here, so will be interesting how he gets on with it. When looking at DXO they give the lens a score of 37 which seems good for an older design lens.

DSC_2968 by Swansea Jack, on Flickr

DSC_2961 by Swansea Jack, on Flickr

Hi Simon, yes your right, my recent 50mm f1.4 purchase has just been posted to me so may have it within next few days or so, looking forward to shooting with it. I like those shallow DOF images you've just uploaded, neat.

:)

One from a few weeks ago on my trip down to Norfolk.

Took a detour to go down some country lanes and see if we could find anything interesting to photograph.

I looked for a good lead in through the rapeseed but could not find one without venturing into the field and trampling parts of the crop - so this is the best shot I could manage.

St Marys at North Tuddenham by Dave Semmens, on Flickr

Dave.

One from a few weeks ago on my trip down to Norfolk.

Took a detour to go down some country lanes and see if we could find anything interesting to photograph.

I looked for a good lead in through the rapeseed but could not find one without venturing into the field and trampling parts of the crop - so this is the best shot I could manage.

St Marys at North Tuddenham by Dave Semmens, on Flickr

Dave.

Liking that shot very much Dave, in my book the rapeseed works very well, great colour, and a really nice sky.(y)

George.

Liking that shot very much Dave, in my book the rapeseed works very well, great colour, and a really nice sky.(y)

George.
:agree: Lovely balance of the scene, very nice Dave.

Thanks George - I could see the Rapeseed fields and sky from a distance and knew I just needed to find some mid ground interest to put between them :)

Luckily - the church was ideal.

Back