Nikon D800......

I must say the copies of the D800 I have now are definitely better than the few I owned not long after it was released.

Really impressed by the Samyang 14mm performance wise on it !!

I've got one but not used it loads. Going to meet a friend for lunch. Might go early to look at the corn exchange/trinity centre in Leeds and give it a whirl

I've got one but not used it loads. Going to meet a friend for lunch. Might go early to look at the corn exchange/trinity centre in Leeds and give it a whirl

You should the performance is unbelievable for the £££

Out for lunch today - managed to get a pic as we were leaving

George, Day 57 (57-366)_ by Shaheed Rahman, on Flickr

funnily enough, as I was taking this pic, George said " that guy behind you is totally checking you out" Feeling flattered, even if uninterested, I turned around - it was another photographer taking a pic of the ceiling/horse structure in Trinity Leeds! He was checking out my gear!!

Just beautiful - I wish I could do landscapes!!

You can as long as you enjoy being their in first place, camera is just a tool to assit, if I did'nt love the outdoors I would not photograph it, hope this makes sense, ps lovely shot you caught whilst out for lunch maybe a slight crop either side? the eyes say it all thank you for sharing and I wish I could take portraits like this ;)

Last edited:
You can as long as you lenjoy being their in first place, camera is just a tool to assit, if I did'nt love the outdoors I would not photograph it, hope this makes sense, ps lovely shot you caught whilst out for lunch maybe a slight crop either side? the eyes say it all thank you for sharing and I wish I could take portraits like this ;)

You can! Honestly this was one of the least complicated shots I've ever done! Shot at f1.4, focused in the eyes, job done.

I'll try again with landscaped when we get better weather!!

Must stop looking at this thread. Stuck at home for the next 5 bloody weeks with a broken ankle in plaster. Cabin fever has well and truly set in. Good work all and yes the D8** series are bloody incredible pieces of kit.

Quite a busy day, the Nikkor 28mm f2.8D lens I recently bought from here arrived today, met up with friends in Hamilton (Central Scotland) and did lunch along with a leisurely walk around the town using the 28mm;

'Colour line'

Colour line by Peter McCullough Photography, on Flickr

28mm f2.8D - 500 iso - @ f10

Cracking! How's the D lens? I'm tossing up the 28 or 35 and can't decide which [emoji51]

Cracking! How's the D lens? I'm tossing up the 28 or 35 and can't decide which [emoji51]
I'd personally go with the 28mm focal length, I find the 35mm too close to the standard 50mm for my liking. I got the 28mm f2.8D for £25 (inc post).

Fantastic images being shared all and certainly reminding me about how this beast of a camera sucks up the detail, fantastic dynamic range also! one taken with it and Nikon 24-70 none VR

Llyn Nantlle by Kevin OBrian, on Flickr

"Excellent" shot once again Kevin, great comp', lovely colours & reflections.(y)

George.

"Excellent" shot once again Kevin, great comp', lovely colours & reflections.(y)

George.

Thanks George ps I'm about to pull the trigger and a possible move away from the great Nikon DXXX range to the Pentax 645Z series, A friend uses this camera and has shared files extra another great tool for the job, but still undecided.

Last edited:
Fantastic images being shared all and certainly reminding me about how this beast of a camera sucks up the detail, fantastic dynamic range also! one taken with it and Nikon 24-70 none VR

Llyn Nantlle by Kevin OBrian, on Flickr

Fabulous shot. Miss the pier but love the shadows, clarity and colours.

Having really issues getting images on from flickr ,,,, yes I'm using the bb code... help

Last edited:
I've owned a Yongnuo 568 III for a few months now and never used it. Thought I'd experiment out in the forest with our collie dog, trial and error, I still don't understand it much.

Breia;

Breia by Peter McCullough Photography, on Flickr

Tokina 100mm f2.8 - @ f4 - iso 200

First shot with the newly acquired Tokina 100mm f2.8 AT-X Macro lens this afternoon with our border collie;@ f3.5 - iso 200
Nice and sharp. How are you getting on with the tokina then?

Nice and sharp. How are you getting on with the tokina then?
Thanks Kei; only had the Tokina a few days, still lots more to explore with it.

Talking about focus, I seem to be having issues with the D810 (I'm sure it's me), only today I switched back to normal index finger front button focus instead of back-button focus I was using for a week or two but could NOT get on with it.
Either way, trying to focus on a dogs eye or peoples eyes has been awful as I seem not to be getting most shots in focus. I'm using standard single focus point on the 810. We were with friends yesterday and I used the Nikkor 85mm f1.8G and shot about 6/7 images of them with a higher than normal iso and f/stop of around f3.2 or f4 and most were out of focus, really bloody annoying!!!!

Ended up on the The Bonnie Banks o' Loch Lomond

EXIF

Nikon - 810
Lens - Nikon 24-70 2.8
Filter - Lee 6 stop
Exp - 30 sec
iso - 250
Edit - cs6

Lomond
by alastair mann, on Flickr

There are some genuinely beautiful shots on this thread guys, great work :)

Thanks Kei; only had the Tokina a few days, still lots more to explore with it.

Talking about focus, I seem to be having issues with the D810 (I'm sure it's me), only today I switched back to normal index finger front button focus instead of back-button focus I was using for a week or two but could NOT get on with it.
Either way, trying to focus on a dogs eye or peoples eyes has been awful as I seem not to be getting most shots in focus. I'm using standard single focus point on the 810. We were with friends yesterday and I used the Nikkor 85mm f1.8G and shot about 6/7 images of them with a higher than normal iso and f/stop of around f3.2 or f4 and most were out of focus, really bloody annoying!!!!

Hi Pete

I think you'll struggle with a single focus point and a dog, even a highly trained collie [emoji3]

Back