Nikon D800......

A little quiet in here, so thought I would add a couple of bird photos. Trying out JPEG mode with D810 with the chirping Nuthatch and Blue Tit, I think it needs more testing, as it didn't feel right not pushing sliders around in LR.:D

Nuthatch by Swansea Jack, on Flickr

Blue Tit chirping away. by Swansea Jack, on Flickr

Lovely set of tit's Simon...........(sorry). Is this taken with the Tamron 150-600mm.....?

How does a Nikon 1.4TC work using either a Tamron or Sigma 150-600mm lens wise....?.....can you use a Nikon converter or do you have to use the likes of the Tamron/Sigma version.....?

Lovely set of tit's Simon...........(sorry). Is this taken with the Tamron 150-600mm.....? How does a Nikon 1.4TC work using either a Tamron or Sigma 150-600mm lens wise....?.....can you use a Nikon converter or do you have to use the likes of the Tamron/Sigma version.....?

I'm not sure if they will Peter, it's the reason people buy the Kenko version which I have. I think it fools the settings in camera as I'm using mine with a Sigma 70-300mm APO lens and it doesn't show correct aperture or focal length.

If you buy a 150-600mm I believe the Kenko will work but in only very good light, as with the TC it takes the aperture past f8 which I think is the limit for AF unless in ideal conditions. Although, Sigma do sell the Sport and Contemporary with their own TC so maybe better going with that set up?

http://www.wexphotographic.com/buy-...ns-with-1-4x-teleconverter-nikon-fit/p1595016

http://www.wexphotographic.com/buy-...ns-with-1-4x-teleconverter-nikon-fit/p1595026

Lovely set of tit's Simon...........(sorry). Is this taken with the Tamron 150-600mm.....?

How does a Nikon 1.4TC work using either a Tamron or Sigma 150-600mm lens wise....?.....can you use a Nikon converter or do you have to use the likes of the Tamron/Sigma version.....?

Two very nice shots Sir, great detail, spot on colour, and very nice oof backgrounds.(y)

George.

The more I use the D810, the more I like it. 887 shots yesterday and the battery is still showing 58%.

I thought this thread was for Nikon D800 not the Nikon D810 version.

Last edited:
Thanks Chris & Gregg! Appreciated

I shot about twenty images of this ∆ just to make sure etc.... all hand-held with the basic Nikkor 28mm f2.8D

Last edited:
Very nice David, your making that 18-35mm lens work well. Nice n' moody and punchy vivid colours.

Ah that was actually a 17-35 with a 10stop ND filter. I don't use it often and haven't got used to correcting the fish eye effect from sticking multiple photos in a pano yet. Will be something I look into when I get wifi that can support youtube!!!

Manarola by Dave Woodyatt, on Flickr

I'm not a pano fan, but that is suuuuuperb [emoji3]
Likewise......

David, you could sell those foreign images to brochure magazine's, beautiful photographic work Sir. Very pleasing to the eye.

The exif on your image above David shows taken a Sony camera (?)

Last edited:
Likewise......

David, you could sell those foreign images to brochure magazine's, beautiful photographic work Sir. Very pleasing to the eye.

The exif on your image above David shows taken a Sony camera (?)

I had noticed that but note sure why, The metadata in lightroom shows my D800 an lens but Flickr changed it. No really idea why and I'm not going to chase it up ha.

Thanks all for the comments, in surrounding like this its hard to take a bad shot. Off inland to Milan tomorrow then up to lake Como :)

Mr kind P.Force guy delivered the Sigma 150-600mm f5-6.3 'S' lens today, wow.......... it's a beast of a lens, quality feel to it. Presently working nightshifts and hoping to shoot with it asap.
It truly is a bit of a beast [emoji7] but great to use.

Back