Nikon D810 - SD/CF Card Door Rubber 'Grip' Replacement

Edit My Images
No
Good afternoon all, after nearly three years of use the rubber grip attached to the memory card door on my camera has started to come away. The door itself is fine, it's just the rubber grip that's coming loose. I've done a bit of a Google and found reference to replacement parts on other sites but the links are to US sites (i.e. Nikon USA). Does anyone know if you can get the parts in the UK (it's the rubber grip and some double sided sticky tape thats cut to fit I believe)...

Quickest place to get them from is Ali Express believe it or not and get them posted via EMS takes just over a week, not genuine Nikon so might not be 100% the same feel but better than the ones you have by the sound of it, you can get them from Nikon but they take ages in getting parts for any anything, got a 300mm f/2.8's & D4s and other bits waiting for parts at work currently that we are repairing that have been on order for over 4 weeks now, normally takes ages for them to arrive about 6-8weeks in all sometimes, can be quicker but most likely longer! Another place to try is D&H Cameras in Chicago they are really good for parts and time wise.

Thanks for the swift responses all - I'll try dropping a line to Nikon UK spares first and see how I get on there, if I get no luck I'll try the other options you've mentioned.

My guess it is the same material they used on my D300. As far as I can make out it absorbs moisture say from a and after a time breaks down the adhesive used. a for replacement i too could not find any in the uk

Last edited:
Update on this - I dropped Nikon Europe an email on the link provided by davekiddle asking about the parts and providing them with URLs I'd found to the relevants parts on the Nikon USA website. They responded literally the next day... both parts in stock, £1.10 for the rubber grip and £0.46 for the sticky tape - so including VAT and postage all done for under a fiver! :):clap:

Result! Thanks for updating, may help others.

I've been away on holiday for a week so a bit of a delay in updating the thread - wanted to post the part numbers in case anyone else needed the information;

Rubber 'grip' - "110BJ Rubber" - unit price £1.10
Sticking Tape - "110BU-A05DCH Double Stick Tape" - unit price £0.46

£2 'freight cost' was applied to the order - more than the actual value of the goods but hey ho!

Could of used fixation in London! I've used them before and always found they helpful and fast! Battery cover flap for my D90 £8 posted next day! Rubbers for d700 ..... next day

Could of used fixation in London! I've used them before and always found they helpful and fast! Battery cover flap for my D90 £8 posted next day! Rubbers for d700 ..... next day

I'm contemplating a service for my D810 at the end of this year - it will be three years old in November and although I've only done circa 18k actuations I'm considering a service/sensor clean.

Typically now I've got the new rubber grip for the card cover one of the other grips is starting to feel a bit loose (after a week in Spain) so I may enquire how much it would cost for a complete new set plus fitting - just unsure where to go for this and the overall service. A friend has recommended H. Lehmann Ltd.

I'm not sure how much effort is involved in renewing the grips yourself.

The tape I received from Nikon has "DIC DAITAC" written on the backing sheet (and it's naturally cut to fit in this instance) - I imagine it will be similar to the 3M mentioned in the post from Cheffievrs - but if it isn't any good I may try some of that too... just need to crafty to cut it to shape!

Back