Nikon D850 - Owners Thread

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
#2 is very good indeed, it just creates a fantastic atmosphere.(y)(y)

Wouldn't work, you'd start catching bits of messy folliage etc. They're composed, carefully, this way for a reason. I am not a fan of letterbox pictures anyway. I was looking at some images last night, and one looked very wide. I realised I cropped it 7x5. The occassional 2:1 or 16:9/10 5:2 might work, but it's not really an aspect ratio that relates to how we see the world.

Wasn't really thinking letterbox, more keeping with your current aspect ratios but just to get more in the shot to see if it would enhance the grandiose of the scene?

Does anyone use that little joystick selector on the back. if so, what for? I can't find a use for it that the other selector doesn't do.

Does anyone use that little joystick selector on the back. if so, what for? I can't find a use for it that the other selector doesn't do.
I don't have a D850.

However, on my D500, which I only use for wildlife. I have the ae/af button set up for BBF and 25 point dynamic AF and the centre button of the joystick set up for BBF and single point AF. I use the joystick I use the joystick to move the Dynamic area and the single AF point around the screen..

For flying birds the ae/af BBF works well with the dynamic area af and is quick to find and uses, but most of time I use the joystick centre button, which being part of the joystick allows me to quickly move the single focus point around the screen. When looking through the viewfinder it's easier to find and move the joystick than the 4-way control.

I use the centre button of the 4-way control to centre to focusing point, when I've moved it away from the centre and want to start again.

Why should you ? It is a good camera !
I already have a very serviceable D810. The thought of a second FF body was just too tempting. The Nikon winter discount together with Grays excellent pricing and service made the decision to buy a no brainer. Think this may well be my last (serious) camera purchase.

Back