Nikon D90

I sold mine - it was my first ever digital camera and I started as a complete novice on one. Have recently bought one second hand for my daughter. It's a brilliant camera and very capable!

A long term D90 user here - great camera and still does what I need.

I sometimes consider upgrading to a D7200 or switching to a Fuji X-something - not sure if I would keep the D90 if I stay in the Nikon camp. That said, trade in/selling value isn't that high so may be better to pass on to someone in the family.

It's my second DSLR and still remember feeling unnerved after upgrading from a D40.

Just looked through to find some pics with the d90

I loved my d90 - I suspect it's why I bought it again for my daughter!!

Well, I'm still using your daughters camera... and I suddenly feel very old indeed. Nice shots and you'd be hard pressed to tell it's from an antique. I'm leaning to the point of falling over towards a d750 because of its face recognition tracking auto focus. I won't be keeping the d90. Old computer tech isn't the same as old mechanical tech.

I could swap it for a D3000 Nikon body? Who could resist that?

I still use my D90, got it new around 2009, a proper workhorse, over 30k actuations and going strong, although the body is a bit beat up as I use it for work and hobby.

:)

I loved my D90, in fact out of all the Nikon's I've owned it was easily the best DX Nikon I ever had.

I tried to replace it with a D7100 3 years ago but ended up ditching the D7100 as the D90 was way more reliable and didn't have that horrible mushy brown WB of the D7100.

I ended up reluctantly giving it away to a friend so it got a good home.

D90 forever!!!

Just a little update on my D90, in my original post i said the camera i would be receiving would have 58000 clicks on it, well looking at the shutter count turns out that was wrong, also it did not have any scratches to the base serial plate and the viewfinder cover was intact.........

...........oh the actual shutter count was................................ 3600. :banana::beer::woot::wacky::pompous::eek::LOL:

PS
Used this to read shutter count:

http://myshuttercount.com/

Last edited:
Bonus.. so you taken any pictures with it...[emoji3]

Just a little update on my D90, in my original post i said the camera i would be receiving would have 58000 clicks on it, well looking at the shutter count turns out that was wrong, also it did not have any scratches to the base serial plate and the viewfinder cover was intact.........

...........oh the actual shutter count was................................ 3600. :banana::beer::woot::wacky::pompous::eek::LOL:

PS
Used this to read shutter count:

http://myshuttercount.com/

Thanks, that was handy. I just got a d90 body and the shutter count is 2695, so not bad for a second hand camera. :)

I've been using my D90 since 2010 and I'm not sure I would take much better shots with a D7200. So instead I think I'll treat the old girl to a nice new 16-80 2.8-4 in the new year.

Back