Nikon D90

Name
Barry
Edit My Images
Yes
Got the chance of a Nikon D90 with 59,000 clicks for £139. Does this seem ok jut a little concerned about high shutter count?

A friend has one with about 80k and still going strong.

I think for a little bit more you may be able to pick one up with a lower shutter count.

Is this body only or with a lens?

Not bad with warranty, any reason why your looking for a d90?

I use a d90 and am happy with it but have the itch to upgrade to a FF, as long as you are happy with the price go for it.

I upgraded from a d80 and could see the difference.

There is one on av forums for 150 but does not state the shutter count.

Is the £139 with your camera or your camera on top?

My camera included so £104.:)

Was a member of AVF for many years mate. Tele1962 was my user name.;)

Kev have you ever used your D90 for Astro work mate?

Last edited:
For that price not bad, not used my d90 for astro. Sorry, mainly for photos of family and friends.

Nikon D90 with 59,000 clicks for £104 canna be sneezed at

i bought a D90 from TP as a back-up camera--- well impressed

Guy just PM'd me on FB and he has had over 200,000 actuations and still going strong.:banana:

I have a D90 and mine had 16900 actuations bought for £150 and I am really happy with it. I must say If your d100 is in good working order I would keep it as a second body. £35 is giving it away:)

I upgraded form a D90 to a D7200 a couple of months ago, you can see the difference in IQ but I'd say the D90 is still a very capable camera...

Loved my D90, a great semi-pro camera and what looks like a good price to me. May be older tech now but is still plenty good enough

Not a bad price, but I echo the comments about keeping your D100; £35 is nothing, just keep it for the memories and as a backup. It would still knock the socks off a compact camera phone today, too good to go for £35!

The D90 is a cracking camera. I had mines converted to IR after I upgraded to a D7100, and the D90 has some real advantages over the D7100 - buffer being one! I'll be well past that shutter count too, without any issues at all.

Cool, enjoy your new toy. [emoji3]

Thanks Charly any tips you might have would be much appreciated.

Last edited:
Thanks Charly any tips you might have would be much appreciated.

Barry as I am new to Digital I am not that qualified but the best tip I can give is, any problems you have or any how do I do's ask on the forums. You will always get an expert reply from one of the friendly knowledgeable members of this excellent site.(y)

Barry,

What app do you use to edit your photos?

If you have Lightroom and don't mind having a play with editing set the camera to RAW, set to aperture priority, depending on what you are taking pictures off and light available get shooting.

I recently attended a meeting with Helen Sloane who is the documentary photographer for Game of Thrones. She said that she started out with a Nikon D90, so I imagine it's a pretty cool camera. I've got a D3200 and would love to update on that, but money isn't flowing at the moment. I would have jumped at the offer you got if I had seen it. I hope it lives up to expectation for you.

The D90 is a fine old camera. Shutter is fine for 100K plus. (Still using mine, although with the D7500 and its clever auto focusing, especially face recognition, its time with me is probably up.)
IQ from the D90 is perfectly acceptable for most things. Here are three screen grabs pics that were taken with my dear old thing.

Apple.jpg
Monkey.jpg

Chris.jpg

I really need to upgrade. It's a bit baffling with so many different types of camera, especially when you are eclectic in nature.

Good to see the venerable old D90 getting such a good airing on the front page of the forum for a few days. I wish I had never sold mine, they make such an ideal first upgrade I think and are great value too.

I have just upgraded from a D90 to a D750, not sure if I should keep it or sell it.....

Back