Nikon F3 & Md4 giveaway - UPDATED PLS READ Nikkor 24-120D instead

Having recently sold my old film equipment I didn't post re the camera, however if the lens is going it would fill a nice gap for me.

It's a incredibly generous offer and I'm sure will find a deserving home somewhere.

GWP,

Further to my earlier post I have just purchased an FE2 and plan to starting taking some film shots again as I was getting a little nostalgic after selling my FM2 a few years ago. I only have one lens at present and that is the 36-72 E lens. Not the best best I know but it will have to do for a start.

Unfortunately I have recently been made redundant and in a effort to raise some cash between jobs I have started a web site: www.yourequinephoto.co.uk . So far I have used digital for this but part of the reason for purchasing the FE2 was to do some film shots for some great quality portraits. The 24-120 would be perfect for this task and would be very much appreciated.

Thank you for the kind opportunity.

Regards,

John

Yes, you do assume. But I have checked with my auntie and she confirms that i havent promised it to her.

Only a few close family members to go then!

24-120 AF-D is a lovely lens, a really handy zoom range and pin sharp in the right conditions. I keep harping on about it on here but it really is.

So, good luck whomever gets it. Works fine on digital bodies too (MF only on low end DSLR's of course)

The F3's shutter was so smoothe makes me tingle to think how many of them I sold, so robust and such a sturdy camera to travel with :nikon:

I would ask, but it seems so... I always feel so greedy asking for things, and nothing I wrote would sound anything other than begging. I have no lenses, period. I have no camera, but a dear friend is going to chip in to help me get one. Chip in a lot, actually. I am on incapacity support for various issues, so my means are limited. But then again, I am not sure I have the ability to be able to put such a lens to it's full use. But, I will say, I think it is very sweet to give something else away because the camera had already gone.

I really like the 24-120 AF-D lens. I now use mine on my D3, but used it for a long time on my F4. Great wide to short telephote zoom with little real distortion and what there is will be easily fixed in photoshop if used on digital cameras (36-180 range), if there are no straight linnes at the edges of the frame I doubt you would notice any distortion at all.

Whoever gets this lens will not be disappointed. Good luck to those that have entered.

yep. tomorrow is the day i decide. (i know its gone midnight but i am tired)
Look again here tomorrow, the answer will be here.

Thanks to everyone who posted, It was a difficult decision to make, But i have made one....

After eventually getting through to the disabled photographers Society, i spoke to Shirley Britton (no relation, not even my aunt), who said they would love the lens. I am sending it to her on Wednesday by recorded delivery. She also promised an email upon receipt to confirm it had arrived. I will post it here for your perusal.

I think it's a deserving cause.

Good for you, GWP.

Much as many of us would have liked the lens, I'm sure they are more deserving than any of us!

Thanks to everyone who posted, It was a difficult decision to make, But i have made one....

After eventually getting through to the disabled photographers Society, i spoke to Shirley Britton (no relation, not even my aunt), who said they would love the lens. I am sending it to her on Wednesday by recorded delivery. She also promised an email upon receipt to confirm it had arrived. I will post it here for your perusal.

I think it's a deserving cause.

While i agree it is a very deserving cause, couldn't you have just done something like this in the first place instead of possibly building peoples hopes up on here which has made it a bit of a pointless thread :shrug: sorry for asking that but it was bugging me.

While i agree it is a very deserving cause, couldn't you have just done something like this in the first place instead of possibly building peoples hopes up on here which has made it a bit of a pointless thread :shrug: sorry for asking that but it was bugging me.

Yea same here, then also changing the give away :( I really like that so much :(

Back