Nikon FF hybrid

Nikon-Df-top.jpg

Now that is what I call nice.
Should find out price and full details tomorrow...

ooooo hubba hubba. I wait with baited breath for the announcement tomorrow not that i have the money for one, and they haven't even released the price yet :LOL:

I like the idea of a dial for ISO, and looking there it appears as though there is a 100 base ISO with 2 dots then an L1, i wonder what the lowest ISO is?

I've been waiting a long time for something like this or a new digital module a la Leica.
Now, what to sell, kidney, wife, nippers? Hmmmm.

Looks great in black. Not keen on the silver personally.

If this has the D4 sensor as has been rumored, looks like I'll be making some posts in the for sale section soon...

Now that looks nice, the modern back is a little OTT imo, would have liked a cleaner look to the back, just hope I can afford one this lifetime (I doubt it though)

$2,799 body only went up on amazon before being removed again.$2999 kit

all rumoured spec's so far are correct going by the amazon add D4 sensor with d600 AF :eek:ops:

im disappointed to be honest, most reviews i read regarding the D600 AF weren't great especially in low light where i would be wanting this camera for.

Last edited:
Was expecting an aperture ring and no MASP dial really, and a clean back end, was expecting wi-fi and gps built in too, was I expecting too much?

Now that is what I call nice.
Should find out price and full details tomorrow...
Hey Gary this Df along with the DC 135mm F2 lens will look absolutely gorgeous.......yes all your fault after showing me you lovely pics with the DC 135 lens earlier this year....now I've bought one !:):)

Well, I have to say I don't remember ever being so interested in a new camera. Looks great though I do agree that the rear looks a little too mainstream. The price will keep it off my shopping list for some time unfortunately. :(

Hmmm, 2 minds on this. Love the look, quite like the chrome but I do prefer the chrome FEs and Leicas to black ones. Perfect MP count too. Love the ISO dial.

However, with G lenses being more popular, there is no 'retro' way to change aperture which is a shame. Also, realistically this will be at least £2k-£2.5k in UK. Way overpriced imo. You have the D800 which is better for less and I can't see this selling in huge amounts at this price. Its in used Leica M9 territory and I know which I would rather have.

Hey Gary this Df along with the DC 135mm F2 lens will look absolutely gorgeous.......yes all your fault after showing me you lovely pics with the DC 135 lens earlier this year....now I've bought one !:):)

I was thinking the same thing about the DC looking good on it.
I actually have more D lenses than G's. So I have no excuse not to get one!!
I might even dust off some of my old Ai lenses and go proper retro !!

Having thought about it for a while after seeing the pictures, I'm still unsure about it. Need to see some reviews and handle the camera. I think what bugs me is that it doesn't have any real innovation.

The camera better be built like a tank and proper pro weather sealing and not the D600 esque.

Man...

Another great camera out of my price range. Well...there's only one thing for it. Going to have to sell my body.

Looks great, the only thing I don't like is the D610 af which will cover the same as the D600/10 - something I've never been a fan of.

Looks fantastic though. Well done to Nikon on the innovation.

Man...

Another great camera out of my price range. Well...there's only one thing for it. Going to have to sell my body.

Looks great, the only thing I don't like is the D610 af which will cover the same as the D600/10 - something I've never been a fan of.

Looks fantastic though. Well done to Nikon on the innovation.

I don't see the AF on this camera as being as big a negative as the D600/10 as it really doesn't look like its setup for fast action shooting.

I don't see the AF on this camera as being as big a negative as the D600/10 as it really doesn't look like its setup for fast action shooting.

I do.

AF coverage isn't just for fast sports, it's for keeping things in focus as you move your angle of view. Subjects in focus aren't limited to the center of the frame so why are all the focus points???

I know people focus recomp then shoot but I don't so it becomes annoying when you have to change your shooting style in such a big way.

To me it looks like a really nice camera,thats going to suit some people and not others,you paid the money and take your choice :)

Back