Nikon flash trigger for ipad

Edit My Images
Yes
I use the Nikon macro r1c1 flash setup with my D3x and I’m very happy with it.

I also sell a lot of small items on eBay and for speed and simplicity I generally just take pictures with the iPad and clean them up with Elements. Simple lighting just using a small LED array gives plenty of rather flat light. It occurred to me today that there might be an App that would let me trigger my Nikon macroflash from the iPad. Nothing obvious in the App Store.

So, anyone on here have any suggestions for this issue?

On my iPad Air2, I use Capture One Pro's Capture Pilot
(it's free!) to remotely control both the camera (D3X or
any other in my toolbox) and the flashes.

Thanks, I’ll have a play with that to see if I can get flash synch to the iPad camera.

Why not just either make modifiers for the led Light or use flashlights? Small flags, V-flats, scrims etc. The laws of light are the same No matter the type of light or the size of subject. just the size of "studio" and modifiers is a Lot handier. You could make a softbox out of a plastic pot (for flowers)

Last edited by a moderator:
I know, I’m just being lazy. For the quick eBay ads, it’s nice to take the pics with iPad, process with a Essentials and post the ad. I’ll have a play round with a diffuser and some reflectors with a simple LED source. It’s definitely the other end of the scale to taking the Linhof 617 up the mountains with a tripod!

You’d need something like Godox A1 flash unit. You could then use that to trigger the Nikon flash attached to a Godox X1R-N.

...possibly (I’ve not tried it)

That looks like exactly what I need. I’ll try and get hold of one and I’ll report back on how useful it is

Back