Nikon Front Function Button

Name
Kardo Ayoub
Edit My Images
Yes
What fucntions have guys assigned to the font function(s) buttons on your Nikon cameras. if you have different bodies are they the same on all of them or you assign different functions to them on different bodies?

No flash. Works pretty well in A mode and want to quickly kill the fill flash, just press and hold :)

on the d700 live view

i can use it quickly over crowds at concerts

on the d700 live view

i can use it quickly over crowds at concerts

:plus1:

I almost never actually shoot in Live Mode, but I do like to see roughly what the camera is pointing at, when I have it set up on a tripod at really hard to reach levels (either low or high).

The difficult-to-find/use access to LV via the control wheel, suggests to me that Nikon considered it to be a it "gimmicky" for serious photorgaphers too and that's why they tucked the control away instead wasting a dedicated button on it :|. Just a thought :shrug:.

Err, I haven't got around to actually setting it yet, on either my D300 or my D3
blush.gif

Err, I haven't got around to actually setting it yet, on either my D300 or my D3
blush.gif

Me neither

In fact - I make mine work like my old Chinons :D

Which means I basically turn everything off and ignore that fab 51 focus point rubbish :shake:

All that clever 'crap' is too much for me to even be arsed to think about - if it works as I want it to without giving it any thought whatsoever that's fine by me :LOL:

DD

I was used to the bracketing button on the D200, but that got changed on the D300, so I use the function as a bracketing button. :)

I'm happy that the Live View is on the control rather than having to lose another button for a not too commonly used mode. :)

On my D90 I use mine to access the first option in 'My Menu' menu, which is picture control as i use this quite alot and if i press 'left' i can access the rest of the menu in which ive saved most of the above options...

Back