Nikon mirrorless definitely on the way

thanks for all the comments and suggestions - it's given me a few more angles of research I need to study before coming to a decision. There's so much good stuff out there it will probably come down to the lenses I'll use the most - one wide angle and one 85mm. And money!

No one wants to adapt lenses forever. If that's your chosen path then good for you.
Everyone will eventually want to buy native lenses. Otherwise why do you think manufacturers spend the time and effort not to mention cost involved in developing lenses and new mount.
You can adapt a-mount lenses on to e-mount too and four-thirds lenses on to m43 bodies but not many people want to do that.

Pros don't keep the system alive or even make them a success. They are not early adopters, they follow afterwards when the system is mature and reliable. How many pros do you think bought and used Sony e-mount to make it a success? It's amateurs and enthusiasts that buy it first.

Canon and Nikon have a large user base so it'll take longer for that happen for sure but EF and F mount will go down the route of a-mount eventually.
I agree that eventually you will want to go native. However, I don't think DSLRs will die off anytime soon tbh.

I agree that eventually you will want to go native. However, I don't think DSLRs will die off anytime soon tbh.
I didn't say soon, I said *eventually*

I have no idea of the time frame and I am not a soothsayer either lol.

Also it assumes canon and/or Nikon will make it in the camera business after going full mirrorless which they may not.

Back