Nikon mirrorless definitely on the way

The ZEDs should have been designed for Pros as its well known that amateurs don't take nearly as many photos a year as Pros do

And when they do take some they don't take anything like the range of different types of shots we Pros do, especially we Wedding ones

I imagine that when they get home from a day of not taking many, or many varied, photos they are happy to put their camera away for a week or more, probably just deleting their photos as they know they are pants anyway

Just my speculation of course, based on knowing NOTHING at all of what I'm talking about, and sharing it for no reason at all other than the hope someone bites ;)

Dave

That might have been funny if we hadn't already exhausted the argument already. Old news already. And I'm still right.

I don't want to come over all "grammar police" but that's not how you spell ****

You don't need to censor 'Stud'. How have you been since the last time you were on here crying like a baby over fuji files?

Last edited:
Apart from talking crap about Pros and being totally wrong you mean - that kind of 'right' ;)

Dave

Do you guys with your mugs for avatars just follow one another around to add to the lame? It seems to be the trend. Seriously you're like a pack of whiney babies, Oh dear lord someone said Pros don't shoot much variation, let's have a whole page crying about it :LOL: You're grown 'men' I guess, get over it today.

PMSL :D

Post of the day :)

Dave

As I said, lame! it was a hell of a lot better than your crap attempt at humour, I'll give him that. But I'd actually be wary if the likes of you 2 liked me.

Last edited:
That might have been funny if we hadn't already exhausted the argument already. Old news already. And I'm still right.

You don't need to censor 'Stud'. How have you been since the last time you were on here crying like a baby over fuji files?

I didn't cry like a baby. I didn't like the Fuji files so I got rid of all my Fuji kit straight away. That's not crying, it's being proactive and responding to a problem in a mature and sensible way. I suppose it's a bit like buying a car that drives like a brick. I wouldn't waste my time defending my decision to buy that car (if anything I'd admit my mistake). And then I'd get rid of it and buy something I preferred. Anyway, I think most of is can spot the troll in the room. Probably best you walk away from this one and come back when you've got something sensible to say.

I didn't cry like a baby. I didn't like the Fuji files so I got rid of all my Fuji kit straight away. That's not crying, it's being proactive and responding to a problem in a mature and sensible way. I suppose it's a bit like buying a car that drives like a brick. I wouldn't waste my time defending my decision to buy that car (if anything I'd admit my mistake). And then I'd get rid of it and buy something I preferred. Anyway, I think most of is can spot the troll in the room. Probably best you walk away from this one and come back when you've got something sensible to say.
You begged for help in the Fuji thread and were very glad of it until you decided to move on, then you cried and moaned for weeks, it's all I can remember about you. You've got nothing to add here so maybe you best keep out of it because it just looks like you're trying to score kudos from your idols. I mean is that actually you in your profile pic? You look what? 50 odd, and you're acting like a smarmy teenager just because you don't like someone on a forum :LOL:

Last edited:
Looking at the mockups the most interesting lens to me by far is the 14-30mm F/4, to have that range in a package that size AND without a bulbed front element is pretty impressive, perhaps a sign of the advantage of the larger mount with UWAs?

indeed that's probably the most tempting thing so far for me about the Z-system for me, just about a perfect range and easy use with filters.

That is VERY interesting-hopefully it’ll be sharp edge to edge across the entire frame top at all FLs. My 16-35 was never thus

You begged for help in the Fuji thread and were very glad of it until you decided to move on, then you cried and moaned for weeks, it's all I can remember about you. You've got nothing to add here so maybe you best keep out of it because it just looks like you're trying to score kudos from your idols. I mean is that actually you in your profile pic? You look what? 50 odd, and you're acting like a smarmy teenager just because you don't like someone on a forum :LOL:

50 odd? Close. Not quite but close.

50 odd? Close. Not quite but close.

Late 40's at the least, not that it matters, point is still the same. You're a grown man and you want to get into dumb arguments, as you guys suggest, on a photography forum with complete strangers you know nothing about? Irony in the extreme for you all.

If I did leave they'd have nobody to start their overly defensive pro arguments with

Last edited:
Late 40's at the least, not that it matters, point is still the same. You're a grown man and you want to get into dumb arguments, as you guys suggest, on a photography forum with complete strangers you know nothing about? Irony in the extreme for you all.

Of all the time Iv'e spent on this forum I've never known anyone to take so much interest in my appearance, nor my profile picture. Is this normal behaviour? I mean, if you fancy me that's flattering, but I'm not gay so I wouldn't be interested. Nothing wrong with being gay of course, but there are better places to meet others. Having said that I can send more images to you. They are £50 per jpeg or £500 for a set of 25. You can look at me all you want then and maybe get a better idea of my age. Certainly you'll be able to zoom in on the grey hair and crow's feet.

Of all the time Iv'e spent on this forum I've never known anyone to take so much interest in my appearance, nor my profile picture. Is this normal behaviour? I mean, if you fancy me that's flattering, but I'm not gay so I wouldn't be interested. Nothing wrong with being gay of course, but there are better places to meet others. Having said that I can send more images to you. They are £50 per jpeg or £500 for a set of 25. You can look at me all you want then and maybe get a better idea of my age. Certainly you'll be able to zoom in on the grey hair and crow's feet.

Even if i did swing that way, you wouldn't be my type sorry. Weird that you're making it a gay thing , I was only guessing your age, thought that only offended women? I'm 42 ... I'm not embarrassed about it, and I feel I look a lot younger than you, hence my conclusion. I made no comment on your appearance otherwise, I'm not that bad, which may surprise you

Last edited:
Even if i did swing that way, you wouldn't be my type sorry. Weird that you're making it a gay thing , I was only guessing your age, thought that only offended women. I'm 42 ... I'm not embarrassed about it, and I feel I look a lot younger than you, hence my conclusion. I made no comment on your appearance otherwise, I'm not that bad, which may surprise you

We'll never know, as you seem to be a cat in your picture....

This is much more positive: (the Northrups have always slated Nikon apart from the D850; if I had £1 for every time they mentioned focus breathing on the 70-200 I would be rich)

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhTPepixEAc

...................and shock/horror - he states camera is aimed at the prosumer market!
I disagree with you Here Fraser,maybe lenses,yes but Nikon bodies they have some very positive reviews on those,just off my memory ,d3330 d7200 D500 d810

Last edited:
I haven't seen the mockup, but where does it come from? Nikon (in which case it ought to be reasonably reliable) or somewhere else?

I think it's probably the short flange distance that's the key factor, rather than the larger mount. The Sony FE 12-24mm f/4 is quite small, for example. But conventional DSLR lenses can also be surprisingly small: the Sigma 12-24mm (pre- Art series) is full frame, has a flat front element, and is reasonably compact.

DPR have some shots that look like their taken at the Nikon launch event....

https://www.dpreview.com/articles/0...-s-new-z-6-and-future-z-mount-lenses?slide=14

https://www.dpreview.com/articles/0...-s-new-z-6-and-future-z-mount-lenses?slide=10

The latter is a bit out of focus but you can see an 82mm filter thread.

That would be the widest lens ever with a filter thread wouldn't it? the Zeiss 15mm F/2.8 was the record holder before that wasn't it?

It always seemed previously that you needed that bulb front element to go that wide and stay fairly small but perhaps the larger mount means a different design can he used? if anything this looks smaller than the Sony lens.

Last edited:
I actually thought the Northrups were Shills for Nikon and Canon, because they rarely have anything bad to say

I think there is a bit of dissapointment from us Nikon fans! I wanted this camera to be so good but it does appear at first glance to fall short in some areas, however we need to look at positives as well:

this is Nikon's first serious attempt at this type of camera and is a massive technical ask to expect it to be as good as the competition on it's first attempt.
They have been brave enough to introduce a new lens mount which will open the door for them going forward.
Body design seems pretty good and there are a number of things 'done right'

No I doubt that very much,I watch a lot of there stuff only because I fancy Chelsea :rolleyes: :D

With that honker?? :D She's pretty fit besides though. I just can't watch them, they're so cringey, they always came across really fake to me. Gun to my head, I'd watch them before Jared Polin

I disagree with you Here Fraser,maybe lenses,yes but Nikon bodies they have some very positive reviews on those,just off my memory ,d3330 d7200 D500 d810

He loved the D750 but trashed the 24-120 F4 at the same time.

But yes, he does love a bit of focus breathing!

But he did like the newer 70-200 and called it a ‘portrait game changer’

I think there is a bit of dissapointment from us Nikon fans! I wanted this camera to be so good but it does appear at first glance to fall short in some areas, however we need to look at positives as well:

this is Nikon's first serious attempt at this type of camera and is a massive technical ask to expect it to be as good as the competition on it's first attempt.
They have been brave enough to introduce a new lens mount which will open the door for them going forward.

And at the same time they release a beat of an f mount lens too! Which can only be a good thing for people not jumping to the Z

With deep pockets!

Having loved the d3300 d7200 d700 and d750 I too was hoping it would be something special.i don’t mind waiting though I am also hoping Canon get it right1st time FFM

If I still shot Nikon, and I did for about 10 years, and still had my D800E ... I would probably take the chance on it. Of course, it would seem a lot better to me then because the D800 is pretty old now, video sucked on it, it had no tilt screen, Live view LCD sucked, it was loud! and a few other niggles. But if I had jumped to a D850 I'd be much more hesitant.

There's a well rounded assessment of AF performance on DPReview. They had the cameras a couple of days before launch and have covered it quite well, though only in good light (daylight) it seems. Perhaps the most telling comments are in their first impressions review, scroll down to the paragraph headed Performance: AF-C Beta firmware or not, there's actually more than enough criticism in that to raise some serious questions - confirmed by the Nothrups. :(

https://www.dpreview.com/reviews/nikon-z7-first-impressions-review/5
Not good:(

With that honker?? :D She's pretty fit besides though. I just can't watch them, they're so cringey, they always came across really fake to me. Gun to my head, I'd watch them before Jared Polin
I get the nose thing but it wouldn’t stop me asking for a date,I do find the interaction between them a bit off,I might be jealous :p don’t even mention that Jaredguy.so irritating to me

If I still shot Nikon, and I did for about 10 years, and still had my D800E ... I would probably take the chance on it. Of course, it would seem a lot better to me then because the D800 is pretty old now, video sucked on it, it had no tilt screen, Live view LCD sucked, it was loud! and a few other niggles. But if I had jumped to a D850 I'd be much more hesitant.

I think I'll wait Keith - I'm not in any rush - my D4 does everything and more than I want. I actual like the D850 but wanted to wait for this as Mirror-less is clearly the way forward. I will fulfil my 'techie head' with the idea I explained a few pages ago regarding portable ssd drives :) (every man has to have a new gadget/toy now & again!)

Last edited:
I get the nose thing but it wouldn’t stop me asking for a date,I do find the interaction between them a bit off,I might be jealous :p don’t even mention that Jaredguy.so irritating to me

They're very stiff as a couple, reckon she's be a right party goer if she wasn't married to him. I used to watch sponge-head years back, didn't take too long to realise he was more about himself and his stupid hair than the gear he was reviewing. He was also a Nikon fannyboy and never seemed to care about other makes, he's changed his tune on that but he's still a plonker.

Lol
They're very stiff as a couple, reckon she's be a right party goer if she wasn't married to him. I used to watch sponge-head years back, didn't take too long to realise he was more about himself and his stupid hair than the gear he was reviewing. He was also a Nikon fannyboy and never seemed to care about other makes, he's changed his tune on that but he's still a plonker.
. Lol.i got that impression re being a bit of a goer,but she does love him I feel. He has written a ton of Microsoft books mind you.

Good! You don't fancy her and if she saw your pic several pages ago she wouldn't fancy you! So step aside boy it's down to me and @SsSsSsSsSnake :)

The main one is unreliable focus-tracking of moving subjects. Click the links to DPReview and also Tony & Chelsea Nothrump.

This has always been the Achilles Heel with mirrorless, and so far only Sony has cracked it to DSLR standards.
I did worry about focus tracking as soon as I saw that it doesn’t have a 3D tacking AF option, that spoke volumes to me.

I find Jared entertaining, I don’t think he takes anything too seriously. I find the angry guy entertaining too. I take them both with a pinch of salt as far as learning anything from them though ;)

I think I'll wait Keith - I'm not in any rush - my D4 does everything and more than I want. I actual like the D850 but wanted to wait for this as Mirror-less is clearly the way forward. I will fulfil my 'techie head' with the idea I explained a few pages ago regarding portable ssd drives :)

I almost bought a D4, when the D800E had just come out it was between the 2, but after holding one i thought, hmmm, bit heavy for casual use .. I did like it though. I was very fortunate at the time, I had the cash to just walk into a pricey B&M camera store in Dublin, possibly the most expensive place in Europe to buy camera gear, and walk out with the only D800E they had in store at the time, a 24-70 2.8 and a 50mm and ordered the 70-200 VRII that night online. I didn't even think much of it. If I had that chance again today I think i would buy a Sony A7RIII and some Zeiss primes. I don't think i would be over excited by the Z cams if i had a lot of money.

Back