Nikon, no female ambassadors at camera launch

People will use every excuse they can to be offended these days, "mom photographers" seem especially keen to be offended by everything and anything. Just my opinion of course.

They did invite some female photographers Susan Stripling was one that was invited but couldn't attend, no doubt there was quite a few more.

Last edited:
Without exception every pro female photographer I know uses Canon.................just sayin'

Funnily enough the only Nikon Ambassador I'm actually aware of is Amy Shore. She was shooting the Goodwood Revival with D850s last weekend.

The BBC are possibly trying to win some public brownie points? The more you take note the longer this sort of thing will go on.

Who really cares, how many women or men are involved. Its the same with race and sexuality.

Dixie Dixon is a Nikon D850 ambassador too. There's overall a ratio imbalance across the industry, only Nikon asia all 32 ambassadors were male, in Uk and US there are some.

The BBC are possibly trying to win some public brownie points? The more you take note the longer this sort of thing will go on.

Who really cares, how many women or men are involved. Its the same with race and sexuality.

Well, that's the problem right there; unless something is said, nothing changes.

Oh seriously???

There are two in the first blog "Getty" image.

More than enough!!:naughty:

How true this story is I don't know, did Nikon really contact any woman photographers?
But why has the BBC used this photo, it's clearly not of all the male photographers at the launch.
Nikon in spotlight over sexism row - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-trending-41266234
BBC highlighting sexism and inequality ... one might suggest they are a pot calling the kettle black!

(PS. not defending Nikon; if nothing else someone should have thought how this looked ... just ironic how often people who raise issues of sexism, etc. are guilty of it themselves)

Last edited:
BBC highlighting sexism and inequality ... one might suggest they are a pot calling the kettle black!

(PS. not defending Nikon; if nothing else someone should have thought how this looked ... just ironic how often people who raise issues of sexism, etc. are guilty of it themselves)
The story is being reported by journalists whose job it is to highlight news-worthy stories. The issues of sexism and inequality within the organisation are a problem created by managers not the journalists.
The BBC are in the process of sorting out equality problems, but in such a large organisation, it takes time.

The reports of the lack of female photographers at the Nikon events have been around for a couple of weeks now anyway.

Back