Nikon SB-900 Flashgun

Edit My Images
Yes
Any users of the above here? Any comments about it? I used to have an SB-800 so I have an idea of it's capability and potential.

i thought the features of it looked great, but have you actually seen one in the flesh???

They are ****ing huge!!!!

i thought the features of it looked great, but have you actually seen one in the flesh???

They are ****ing huge!!!!

Lol I've seen this picture:

18710.jpg

aye thats the one, lol

i suppose it depends if you "need" what it offers over the SB800.

I didnt even need what the SB800 offered over the SB600, so i got that one

I only use mine for bounce flash indoors as its so much kinder / warmer looking

They are mental - I accidentally bought one, and once I saw the size of the box it came in, I resold it straight away. Fricking huge - you could build a house with them.

I have an SB800, I bought my wife an SB600 at the same time. I really have no idea what its doing at all ! Its the bit of kit that has probably had the least use. I really do need someone to explain it to me!! I set it to TTL then find that the shots are either under or over exposed. Oh and it consumes batteries like my new cat consumes Whiska's pouches!

How much bigger is the SB900 over the SB800 ?

Blimeythat does look big-but then I often think the sb800 was a tad small for the top of the range compared to canon ones.

Not sure I need it though-still understanding my 800

ive got the 800 too and i dont anywhere nearly use its potential,

i know the 900 has a fireing range up to 200mm though as aposed to 105mm with the 800

so its a proper flood light!

I've got one and I love it. Was worried about the size after seeing the above picture, but in the flesh it ain't that bad. Got loads of features, and it's much easier to use, although I'm not a great fan of the click-wheel, because buttons are more intuitive to use, especially when you're trying to use it through a plastic cover, in the rain. But other than that, I love it. :D

I was in my local Jessops a few days back and was amazed at the size difference between the 600/800 and the new 900 - they had them in the cabinet side-by-side. That is one big flash!

I was in my local Jessops a few days back and was amazed at the size difference between the 600/800 and the new 900 - they had them in the cabinet side-by-side. That is one big flash!

Swapped my 800 for a 900, I really like the faster recycle time and the size and weight don't feel THAT much different to me. Slightly less confusing interface than the 800 but I still can't work out how to use the blimmin' menu's properly!

Flashy

I can get the SB-900 for £250 delivered, which is about £90 more than the SB-800.

I can get the SB-900 for £250 delivered, which is about £90 more than the SB-800.

£250 is a bargain price, they are £329 pretty much everywhere in the UK and the UK is still cheaper than Hong Kong!

Yes, all inc. I have a 15% off voucher for eBay hence the good deal. At the same time I can get 15% off an SB-800 so I need to weigh up the pros and cons.

Back