Nikon spares

Dangermouse

Squeaky Clean
Edit My Images
No
Does anyone know where the ordinary bloke on the street can buy genuine Nikon spares, I have just had to buy a Nikon focus screen from Canada as there are no genuine ones in the UK, only the cheap copies from China, I have read Nikon wont supply authorised repairers with any parts, the only place you can send a Nikon for repair is back to Nikon, is this correct.

I have read Nikon wont supply authorised repairers with any parts

What the logic of having "authorised repairers" and not
providing them with parts. A place on the market is very
dependant on the service after sales…I don't believe that.

As Canadian, I always got what I needed there in the old
days and it still goes today.

I have read Nikon wont supply authorised repairers with any parts, the only place you can send a Nikon for repair is back to Nikon, is this correct.

I don't think that is correct.

I have read Nikon wont supply authorised repairers with any parts, the only place you can send a Nikon for repair is back to Nikon, is this correct.
I've read that in connection with Nikon USA (or may have been Canon now I'm unsure) and the newer cameras; essentially making Grey Market cameras very hard if not impossible to repair in the USA as the official importers won't repair grey market cameras themselves. I'd not heard it in connection with Nikon UK but thats not to say it isn't true.

In UK as Nikon list Fixation (London), H Lehmann Ltd (Stoke on Trent) and A J Johnstone & Co (Glasgow) as "Authorised Repair Centers" they presumably can get parts. Whether they will sell the parts on to the public I don't know.

Does anyone know where the ordinary bloke on the street can buy genuine Nikon spares, I have just had to buy a Nikon focus screen from Canada as there are no genuine ones in the UK, only the cheap copies from China, I have read Nikon wont supply authorised repairers with any parts, the only place you can send a Nikon for repair is back to Nikon, is this correct.

Did you contact Nikon Spares in the U.K there is a phone number on Nikon’s website. I have used them several times it can be difficult to get them to answer the phone has always seemed to be the same guy so it’s a small operation. Other than that though not had any issues in terms of being able to order whatever I wanted.

I bought a genuine Nikon focus screen direct from them years ago. Very helpful. It was so cheap, I bought two....

Fixation have always had a good reputation amongst the Pros. They have repaired stuff for me that I have taken in direct, although I have also used Nikon themselves (who probably get Fixation to do it for them anyway!). Fixation is now part of WEX/Calumet conglomerate but at present still maintain their presence in the unglamorous base opposite Tesco in Kennington. Difficult to find unless you know where, but quick and first class service. They certainly have or can get the spares without a shadow of doubt.

Fixation do Canon too as authorised repairers.

Given the complexities of modern cameras and lenses under the lid, I am quite happy for their expertise to be utilised.

Last edited:
Nikon has changed their policies... they do not sell parts to individuals anymore. Who can repair the camera with authorized parts depends on the model, some models have to go back to Nikon. You can check their website for specifics.
Not true, at least in the UK.

https://www.europe-nikon.com/en_GB/service_support/repair_centre/spare_parts.page?ID=templatedata/en_GB/taggable_content/data/spare_parts

We strongly advise against any attempt to carry out your own repairs and we cannot accept liability for any damage caused by repairs or modifications carried out by other parties. However, our spares department are able to supply some external cosmetic parts to end users.

To contact our spares department, please call 0330 123 0930 and choose option 2 for spares (this number is available from 9am - 4:30pm Monday to Friday), alternatively you can contact us via e-mail to spareparts.uk@nikon.com.

I don't know whether they would supply a focus screen, but I don't see why not. Can't hurt to ask.

Last edited:
Not true, at least in the UK.
"However, our spares department are able to supply some external cosmetic parts to end users."
Same here, but the parts are very limited.
Nikon focus screens have always been an accessory and not a repair part. Nikon USA lists them, but all out of stock. Some retailers (B&H) have a large selection still.

"However, our spares department are able to supply some external cosmetic parts to end users."
Nikon focus screens have always been an accessory and not a repair part. Nikon USA lists them, but all out of stock. Some retailers (B&H) have a large selection still.

I think Nikon imposed some repairs restrictions in the US that did not take place in the UK.

I have bought a memory card module and and an lcd from Nikon spares u.k so it's not only cosmetic parts they supply.

So apart from cosmetic parts, rubbers, battery doors or eyecups and other things that keep a camera looking nice, if you need your Nikon repairing it has to go into a Nikon dealer and not an independent repair shop.

Back