Nikon Z FC - An Open Thread

If he presses the i button on the back of the camera it brings up a series of “boxes” for most used instructions.
Then press the focus modes box and manual focus is one of the options. As Pete says, control ring is then the manual focus ring.
Quick and easy.

All this will be in the manual.
He found a guide on YouTube which showed exactly what you posted. Appreciate the reply as it was bang on The latest ‘struggle’ is to get his phone to connect as a remote as it keeps failing at the same point..... appreciate the help

Last edited:
Lovely Lewis, are they with the 16-50? Have to say I'm tempted to get one but there never seems to be a deal on these lol

I used an 18-105 lens from my D90 with an adapter for the ones at the beach. All the others are with the 16-50 that came with the camera, it also came with a 50-250 that I didn't use for any of these photos

Nice job Lewis. I’ve found the 16-50 is remarkably good for what it is.

Anyone looking at the Black Zfc and tempted? I'm tempted to order one, but they haven't got the price yet on the Nikon site for the one with the 16-50. Tempting to pick up a used 16-50 and then body only TBH as there are plenty of used ones around.

Anyone looking at the Black Zfc and tempted? I'm tempted to order one, but they haven't got the price yet on the Nikon site for the one with the 16-50. Tempting to pick up a used 16-50 and then body only TBH as there are plenty of used ones around.
It does look sweet for sure... I won't get one though, I'm actually thinking of moving my ZFC & 16-50 on. Shooting with the Z7ii just ruins me for almost anything else! :ROFLMAO:

Yeah I'm using a Z9 so anything is ruined from Nikon for me. Want something as more a carry round, keep being tempted by a Zfc although I'm sure I'd prefer a Z6/7 instead but then it's a larger camera again, although significantly smaller and lighter than a Z9 :ROFLMAO:

Yeah I'm using a Z9 so anything is ruined from Nikon for me. Want something as more a carry round, keep being tempted by a Zfc although I'm sure I'd prefer a Z6/7 instead but then it's a larger camera again, although significantly smaller and lighter than a Z9 :ROFLMAO:
I hear you Pete, but the Z9 is a big lump for travel/everyday. As you know he Z6/7 series are much more manageable for that.

I bought the ZFC for precisely that reason but in fairness the difference in weight/size isnt massive.

I also have an X100v which I love the feel & look of, but in honest truth I prefer the images I get from the ZFC - even with the little 16-50! Heresy I know :ROFLMAO:

Yeah I wouldn't have a problem lugging a Z6/7 series around, but the prices of used ones seem to have gone up so the zfc is cheaper right now.

Yeah I wouldn't have a problem lugging a Z6/7 series around, but the prices of used ones seem to have gone up so the zfc is cheaper right now.
Yes, they seem to have bounced back a little.

Just put my ZFC up for sale on the forum.

I did say to myself when the Zfc came out, if they did a black one, I'd buy it, I actually didn't think that they would, so I bought the Z50 with the 16-50 lens for holidays, I've been thinking about the Zfc since Nikons announcement, today I bit the bullet and ordered one with the 28mm SE lens, there's no mention of when they'll be shipped.

I did say to myself when the Zfc came out, if they did a black one, I'd buy it, I actually didn't think that they would, so I bought the Z50 with the 16-50 lens for holidays, I've been thinking about the Zfc since Nikons announcement, today I bit the bullet and ordered one with the 28mm SE lens, there's no mention of when they'll be shipped.
The black version does look nice!

Decided I’m going to hang on to the ZFC for a little while longer. I do quite like it to be fair, so going to give it more time as a more everyday carry than the Z7.

So I noticed Nikon had the black Zfc in stock today so just went for it. :)
I ordered mine the day after they were announced, it arrived today, in my mind it looks so much better than the silver, but there again, I've always preferred black cameras

Attachments

• 20221125_113537.jpg
    20221125_113537.jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 10
  • 20221125_113918.jpg
    20221125_113918.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 12
  • 20221125_113941.jpg
    20221125_113941.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 11
  • 20221125_114345.jpg
    20221125_114345.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 10
I ordered one with the 28mm f/2.8 a couple of days after they were advertised. It was delivered today. Unfortunately, my wife was at home and answered the door. I later told her it was a Christmas present for her. It's still in its shipping box, unopened, underneath the dining table. I'm going to be in awful trouble when she finds out. I'm under strict orders to buy no more cameras. Whatsoever.

Mine arrived today. Not had chance to do anything with it yet, looks great but it's lighter than I thought. Actually feels like it could have been a bit heavier to give it a more quality feel

It's perfect for me, I took my Z50 and 2 lenses to Croatia in September, much nicer than taking my Z5 with the 2 S lenses with me, we had enough luggage with us,so a lightweight camera was a bonus.
That's primarily why I bought mine. Lugging a D810, 12mm, 16-35mm, 24-70mm and tripod around is a bit problematic at the moment.

Just reviving this thread. Other than the Viltrox 13mm what other wider options are available other than the 16-50? Have the 28mm and it’s too long for me as I prefer 28mm on full frame as a walk around focal length.

Just reviving this thread. Other than the Viltrox 13mm what other wider options are available other than the 16-50? Have the 28mm and it’s too long for me as I prefer 28mm on full frame as a walk around focal length.
I'm hoping the Nikon 12-28 DX lens will be released this year, but I've heard nothing about it apart from it being on the road map

Back