Nikon Z* mirrorless

I really must get out more, another dog walk grab.
This time Zf and Typoch Simera 28mm. Pretty sure this at f2.8
I like the fact there's a brown one in the herd.
62X34 crop

Cows with Bells on by Trevor, on Flickr
If you take out a different lens every day from your collection, that will keep you busy for at least the next 28 days...........

If you take out a different lens every day from your collection, that will keep you busy for at least the next 28 days...........
More likely 3 months, knowing Trevor ...

Just done a count up and surprised myself. Including adapted lenses, I could keep going for 13 days :eek:

More likely 3 months, knowing Trevor ...

Just done a count up and surprised myself. Including adapted lenses, I could keep going for 13 days :eek:
You’ve all misread me. I’ve only 3 manual focus. 1 AF zoom and just 3 AF primes. I’m a minimalist kinda guy nowadays…

You’ve all misread me. I’ve only 3 manual focus. 1 AF zoom and just 3 AF primes. I’m a minimalist kinda guy nowadays…
You disappoint me, Trevor.

How are you all finding the colours on the Zf versus other Nikon DSLR's or other makes of camera

I find them quite distinctive ............ maybe of the "dark" side if that is the correct word - or maybe "rich" or "deep" is a better description

I'm not complaining just interested in what others think
It's a z6ii sensor

Is this a rumour about a rumour?

Not rumor about rumor, just a high level rumor :D

I-am-coming-Nikon-logo.jpg

Not rumor about rumor, just a high level rumor :D

I-am-coming-Nikon-logo.jpg
But even the exact date is a rumour …

The day has finally come I'm due to pick up an X100VI as a every day carry alternative to my Sony A7Riv and all I can think about is the Zf (the pictures on this thread have not helped at all), though it's basically the same weight as the. In fact slighty more, I think. It really doesn't help that the long term plan will be to replace the Sony with a Ziii at some point in the future for landscape duties and an EDC in the same ecosystem would make sense.

Please, someone tell me the Zf is a bad idea as an EDC.

The day has finally come I'm due to pick up an X100VI as a every day carry alternative to my Sony A7Riv and all I can think about is the Zf (the pictures on this thread have not helped at all), though it's basically the same weight as the. In fact slighty more, I think. It really doesn't help that the long term plan will be to replace the Sony with a Ziii at some point in the future for landscape duties and an EDC in the same ecosystem would make sense.

For me personally edc needs to be smaller.
ZFc may be could work but not Zf.
Even better if it's a high res and you can use a small sharp prime and rely on cropping for more reach.

So for me things like XT50, X100VI, RX1rii, A7CR or A7cii etc works better as EDC. YMMV.

For me personally edc needs to be smaller.
ZFc may be could work but not Zf.
Even better if it's a high res and you can use a small sharp prime and rely on cropping for more reach.

So for me things like XT50, X100VI, RX1rii, A7CR or A7cii etc works better as EDC. YMMV.

I’d agree I love the ZF but for EDC a Z FC would be my choice.

It’s a brilliant EDC for me. Especially when paired with a small prime. The 40mm kit lens is perfectly good enough and very light. Anything you decide upon will come with compromises. The Z ecosystem covers all I need.
Yes. I’ve considered the Fuji. Sometimes still do. But the Zf, ….

Caveat: Leica Q3

It’s a brilliant EDC for me. Especially when paired with a small prime. The 40mm kit lens is perfectly good enough and very light. Anything you decide upon will come with compromises. The Z ecosystem covers all I need.
Yes. I’ve considered the Fuji. Sometimes still do. But the Zf, ….

Caveat: Leica Q3

I keep my ZF with me in the car every day but if I was walking around all day with it the weight would eventually bother me. It’s not bad with a small prime but the Z FC much lighter and for me, better suited for EDC. I’m getting old though.

In my opinion an everyday camera is equivalent to a Sony A6700.
So in 2 weeks, Nikon need to announce the Z60.

Last edited:
I had a Zfc for a while and quite liked it… it was silver though which really bothered me. Wasn’t the same kind of build as a Fuji, but seemed to hold up OK for every day use. In the end I sold it with the intention of using my Z7ii in DX mode, which gives a similar file size, but in truth I never use it like that.

I keep thinking I need to move on my X-Pro2 which gets little use and pick up a black Zfc or even a Z50 for use with a couple of small prime lenses. The Zf just doesn’t do it for me… unless a big sensor version appears…

I'll sure you'll be disappointed with a z50, I find it horrible compared to my Z6ii.

Last edited:
Back