Nikon Z* mirrorless

Nikon Z6II + 24-200

416e56f.jpg

Last edited:
What model no did you use these on ? was it the Z5 or Z6II. I know i bought very similar batteries from this ebay merchant and they did not work on the Nikon Z6II. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/402710358537

Better off going with a known Chinese brand on Amazon (who have a faultless return policy) in my opinion, rather than almost certainly fake Nikon, there is no way genuine batteries are being sold for £20 when they are all but impossible to acquire through any official channels full stop (at full price!) at the moment.

I've bought RavPower (currently unavailable) and DSTE, both work absolutely fine with my Z5s and have excellent life (no in-camera USB charging, but I knew that going in).

Better off going with a known Chinese brand on Amazon (who have a faultless return policy) in my opinion, rather than almost certainly fake Nikon, there is no way genuine batteries are being sold for £20 when they are all but impossible to acquire through any official channels full stop (at full price!) at the moment.

I've bought RavPower (currently unavailable) and DSTE, both work absolutely fine with my Z5s and have excellent life (no in-camera USB charging, but I knew that going in).

I have done the same, i purchased the dot.foto ones that are now unavailable from amazon.

Loved using the 14-30 with some inquisitive cows last week!

DSC_1190-XL.jpg

I think this is the proof that the battery I bought is fake - its a very good copy but the hologram sticker is supposed to have a green tint to it - as you can see my genuine battery that came with my Z5 does but the fake on the right certainly doesn't !

I think this is the proof that the battery I bought is fake - its a very good copy but the hologram sticker is supposed to have a green tint to it - as you can see my genuine battery that came with my Z5 does but the fake on the right certainly doesn't !

No - that looks like a genuine EN-EL15 as printed.... the battery you are comparing is an EN-EL15C which is several generations newer and supports USB charging.

No - that looks like a genuine EN-EL15 as printed.... the battery you are comparing is an EN-EL15C which is several generations newer and supports USB charging.
Yes I realise that but the hologram sticker should still have a green tint apparently

Yes I realise that but the hologram sticker should still have a green tint apparently
I don't think so... I *think* the hologram may have changed relatively recently, but the enel15 has been out for years and years (almost 10 years!). I'll have a look at mine at home, I don't recall any green in the hologram, I may be wrong.

I don't think so... I *think* the hologram may have changed relatively recently, but the enel15 has been out for years and years (almost 10 years!). I'll have a look at mine at home, I don't recall any green in the hologram, I may be wrong.
Oh right ok - that would be great if you could check !

Well that’s another suspicious thing the serial no is 202103010TA6226 which suggests 2021 ?

Also there should be a very tiny letter printed into the black casing around the contact points

Rumours starting to swirl about a significant AF upgrade coming to the Z6II and Z7II…

Nikon Z6 + Nikkor 400mm f/5.6 ED IF manual focus lens. This is not the fastest or easiest lens to shoot with as it's extremely long yet quite light and VERY prone to lens vibration. Wildlife don't often sit still for long so focusing manual, setting every other setting manually and stopping the ruddy lens shaking is quite a challenge but it is possible. For this shot I used a vintage Gitzo table top tripod with a small RRS ballhead. Putting weight with my hand on the end of the lens I was able to stop the lens shake enough to take some reasonably sharp shots. This shot is completely uncropped. I've just added a little sharpening and removed a couple of leaves that were distracting. Otherwise it's pretty much as is.

RUFFLED! (BLACKBIRD COOLING DOWN) by Vintage Photography, on Flickr

400 copy.jpg

Last edited:
Oh right ok - that would be great if you could check !
I've had a look at mine...

Mine is a very late ENEL15 in that it doesn't even have the Li-Ion20 printed on the battery. It does have a hologram and there is a hint of green, but no where near as much as your enel15c.

I have genuine EN-EL15 batteries that came with D800 & D810 the hologram has a gold / yellow tint as the right hand image above, I have a genuine EN-EL15C that came with a Z6ii and the hologram has the same gold/yellow tint as the D800 & D810 batteries.

As I could not get the Nikon 15C's I went with the much cheaper DOT.FOTO 2500mAh versions @ £16.00 each and they work perfectly in the Z6ii, however they are unavailable at the moment

Last edited:
I used to get carried away with equipment, wanting the latest and the best, (I've got a cupboard full!!), BUT, it's all about the image, which can be produced by a photographer with the cheapest of these (digital), image making machines

PS - anyone got a D6 that they want to sell?

Last edited:
Regarding the fake battery ! I opened a return on eBay and an hour later rec’d a refund. No request for the battery to be returned so I’m thinking that’s pretty conclusive !

Question is now I know it’s a fake should I use it ?

Last edited:
Can anyone post or pm me some 100% crops of images taken with the 24-200mm Z lens at 200mm? I need to make up my mind whether I'm buying this or not!

Many thanks.

Last edited:
Ahhh that’s quite a trip from Derbyshire ! Was going to suggest we could meet and u could try my 24-200 !

Back