- Messages
- 4,182
- Edit My Images
- No
Lovely Jeff. But I had to click through to Flickr to view.
Yeah something weird with the uploads takes a while to appear on hereLovely Jeff. But I had to click through to Flickr to view.


balancing act by jeff cohen, on Flickr
ripples in the matrix by jeff cohen, on Flickr
thinking by jeff cohen, on Flickr
That is Superb Jeff.
Nice. That building probably holds a lot of secrets.

whiz kid by jeff cohen, on Flickr
touch of red leg by jeff cohen, on Flickr
blackcap munchies by jeff cohen, on Flickr
berry feast by jeff cohen, on FlickrI think it's a bit "Swings & Roundabouts" particulaly with a 2X TC verses cropping...with the TC you get to keep all of your pixels but you lose light and arguably a bit of quallity (Any more than cropping?) I would imagine locking on to a bird in flight with a 1200mm would be "Challenging"!With the winter drawing in fast , the colder weather will eliminate the heat haze effect hopefully .. so I should be making more use of the 1.4 t.c on the 180-600 already been using it hand held a few times for evening shoots ..
But I have the crazy urge to get the 2X tc to compliment it , yes I realise it’s gonna be at F13 but I have a sturdy gitzo tripod and siriu monopod if needed .. anyone else on here used that combo and if so what’s your thoughts , 1200 mm reach sounds so useful ??
Yes for sure, the Z8 with 400 4.5 combo is so underrated, fantastic quality, lower shutter speeds as you say still come out great.Another vist to the Red Deer rut this morning. It does seem to be 1-2 weeks behind where it would normally be at this point. Perhaps the warmer September has delayed the start.
Backlit Stag by Rob Cain, on Flickr
Does anyone else find the Z8 (or mirrorless in general) makes wildlife photography much easier with the auto focus? With DSLR's I'd often get a few out of focus photos or not nail the focus perfectly, but the Z8 in auto and animal AF seems to nail focus nearly every time. Coupled with the ridiculously low shutter speeds you can achieve with the 400 f4.5 I don't get photos ruined by lens hand holding shake. I've also noticed my sensor seems to be much cleaner too. I guess not having a mirror flapping around inside moving dust (or spraying oil spots on the sensor) does help.
Wow, one of my bucket list birds. Beautiful images.Popped to RSPB Leighton Moss recently to see the Bearded Reedlings. Fabulous little birds.
Z9 and Z 600mm F4 TC VR S - on monopod with Speedigimbal
1.
![]()
2.
![]()
3.
![]()
4.
![]()
5.
![]()
Thanks AndrewWow, one of my bucket list birds. Beautiful images.