Nikons plans

Good they do have too many models in the range. Will be see I new mirrorless system this year for the anniversary?

Sounds like a much better business model, except the high end compact cameras. If they do bring out a mirrorless lineup and develop a good contrast detect AF system hopefully they'll translate this into DSLRs too and we'll finally have decent liveview.

Last edited:
Well at least they have come out of the woodwork and said what they are planning.

The shadow of Sony looms large :D

I wonder if they'll go for a short registration distance and adapters or go for longer to keep lens compatibility. It'll be interesting to see what they can do and if they can get close to or better Sony.

After 40 years with Nikon my money is on new lenses :D or an adapter that gives part compatibility,not sure they have realized the market has moved on from being dictated to.

The shadow of Sony looms large :D

I wonder if they'll go for a short registration distance and adapters or go for longer to keep lens compatibility. It'll be interesting to see what they can do and if they can get close to or better Sony.

If they go for a long registration distance then they will have missed the point and land up with a horribly compromised body I'd expect a hodge podge adapter like canons for eos-m. Can't see any reason they just need to buy the sensor like usual!

They should forget about medium format.
Why do you say that? Everyone has applauded Fuji for doing it so why is it different for Nikon?

Why do you say that? Everyone has applauded Fuji for doing it so why is it different for Nikon?
They need to inovate find a niche of there own rather than trying to be in every market half arsed.

They need to inovate find a niche of there own rather than trying to be in every market half arsed.
But what have Fuji innovated by going into the MF market? By the sounds of it Nikon are focussing more so who's to say if they do go into MF it's going to be half arsed?

They should forget about medium format.

I don't subscribe to this… I would seriously consider
their approach before I upgrade my actual PS 60 and
maybe…

Good they do have too many models in the range. Will be see I new mirrorless system this year for the anniversary?
Assuming you mean DSLR, I've never really understood this...

At the most there is one too many DX cameras - never sure if there needed to be both the 3x00 and 5x00. The rest make sense particularly if you distinguish between consumer D6x0 FX and professional D7x0 FX models. Unless they are going to get rid of most/all DX cameras - an entry level DX (the D5x00?), then step up to full frame? Mirrorless DX or even FX as an alternative but needs a decent lineup of native lenses.

As for a possible high end compact camera ... how about full frame camera similar to Fuji X100 - compete against Sony RX1 and Leica Q?

But I've had 2/3 bottle of wine so what do I know...

Last edited:
Back