Nissin Di866

Name
John
Edit My Images
No
Sorry for the totally newbie question but....

Can the Nissin Di866 be manually fired when off camera, for example when doing a long exposure shot and you want to use the flash to highlight bits of the image?

I'm considering this as my first flash to go with my EOS450, should be OK shouldn't it? Probably way above my current skill level but hopefully the sort of thing I can "grow in to"

Thanks

Yes. I've just got a pair of Di466 flashes and they seem to be great quality for the money. Not as well made as Canons but half the price of the equivalent flash.

The 866 is a fantastic gun, it does that the 580 can do but at 1/2 the cost.

Just got the OK from the royal bank of Mrs JB to get this ordered for my birthday!!

One more related question, what sort of remote trigger should I be looking at?

Does the Canon one only work with Canon Speedlights?
Will the Cactus V4 from ebay work?
Any other options??

I'd prefer a budget option as it's not something I'm going to use a lot but would be very handy to have in the bag.

Thanks again

The radio triggers in eBay will be fine to fire the flash off camera, remember though you'll only have manual control of the flash output not ettl.

It's lots of £££ for ettl off camera control.

What do you guys think of the nissin flashguns? I'm looking at getting the Di622, I cant justify the cost of the canon speedlite 430ex II.

Thanks

Well I spent my own cash on the 866, so that should say a little about what I think.

As others have said, the 866 is a lot of light for your money - I did research when i was buying some speedlights a while ago and I very nearly got one myself.

In terms of wireless triggering - the RF602's are the standard it seems, you'll find many many people praising them, cheap, reasonably sturdy and in my experience - haven't missed a pop since I got them.

Rich

Back