Critique No insects this time.

Name
Graham
Edit My Images
Yes
Last edited:
Hi Susie. No card and no backing paper of any kind ;) @tintin124 it was dusk time and as the flash falls on just the subject it blacks out although not all the bg, a little PP was used.

No 3 ( you could do to number them ;)) is spot on imo the detail is excellent although I would probably not shot both flowers in the same frame.

The others are good too but simply don't draw my attention in the same way.

(y) for finding an alternative to your bugs

Hi Graham...I really like the idea of the black background......do you use a piece of card ?

The first one of the second set is my favourite :)

You can use a bit of card.. it helps if its close to a wall or fence etc... but to get black backgrounds all you need to do is set your camera settings to the point you just get black on the image then add flash this way you are ensuring that the only light is coming from your flash and only the bits illuminated by flash will show up on image.

Best to play I do both methods btw...

As for the images graham #2/3/6 are the best as focus is good and colours have an enough of interest.

Love the composition in 3 my fav tho is no 2 brilliant saturated colour shown off by the black background

Love the composition in 3 my fav tho is no 2 brilliant saturated colour shown off by the black background
Thank you Pete, I thought I would try something a little different this time.
Seems it worked out ok. :)

Back