Noise...

Edit My Images
Yes
I seem to get a lot of noise in my shots, even at relatively low ISO (400). Particularly on dull overcast days.

Are there any tips to minimise noise? I'm using a D3100.

Thanks!

What could help... avoid boosting the exposure post capture, expose to the right if possible and back it off post capture and appropriately resize the picture for final viewing.

Are you using any noise reduction software?

Last edited:
Everything Alan said.

Just to add, photographers tend to overestimate the effect of noise, viewing images magnified on a PC screen that'd be the same as standing 1 foot away from a 12 foot wide print.

Print at normal size, view at normal distance and judge the 'noise' appropriately.

I seem to get a lot of noise in my shots, even at relatively low ISO (400). Particularly on dull overcast days.

Are there any tips to minimise noise? I'm using a D3100.

Thanks!

I have a copy of 'Nikon D3100 From Snapshots to Great Shots' link here >> https://www.amazon.co.uk/Nikon-D3100-Snapshots-Great-Shots/dp/0321754549

The book is as new. I was going to offer it for free in the classified section as long as whoever wanted it paid the postage, not sue if I'm breaking any forum rules here but if you're interested let me know.

:tumbleweed:

I'm guessing not then :)

Oops, apologies for the late reply! I'd very happily take the book off your hands, if your very generous offer is still open!

Sorry, its just been taken in the free section of the classifieds, when you didn't reply I just thought you weren't interested :)

Last edited:
Back