Scotland North Berwick

Name
Cathy
Edit My Images
Yes
Heading of to North Berwick for the weekend. Hoping to find some nice areas for landscape shots so any tips on where to go in and around this area would be great. Happy to drive around to other places close by and know that Saint Abbs is one place I will visit but feel free to offer any others :) Cathy.

Last edited:
North Berwick itself. If you like long exposure sun rise stuff then there's the old pool just east of the harbour if you can catch a high tide it provides nice lead in lines. Bass Rock. Head down to Yellowcraigs beach- nice images. Tantallon Castle and Seacliff Beach which I think provides some great opportunities

Jim thank you these locations sound perect and if I get some shots from there I will be delighted.
. I just got a canonL 16-35 f4 and hope to try it out when there and would love to try a long exposure so have just bought a
Haida PRO II (PROII) MC Neutral Density Filter ND 3.0 SLIM 10 Stop 77mm - 77 mm thsi will be for practice and have only used it one time on my Malorrochy tree image. Have so much to learn about long exposures and every time I cover that viewfinder with the wee rubber cover I move the camera Argh!! always have to start again so hence one photo from that session at loch lomond lol.

[QUOTE=" every time I cover that viewfinder with the wee rubber cover I move the camera Argh!! always have to start again so hence one photo from that session at loch lomond lol.[/QUOTE]

get set up, put on cover and switch to live view for final composition. if you're hanging around f8-f11 or so on a wide angle for dof and increasing exposure then i wouldnt think focus would be the big issue

another great place to go is called " the cove " park in car park there is a monument to the fishermen that lost there lives.
walk down the path watch out for the tunnel on the righthand side its about 100m long walk through it down
to the harbour wall and you will see a huge big rock on the right it has a hole through it due to sea wind errosion
its a wee gem of a place
just google for location

Back