South-West England North/South Wales

Edit My Images
Yes
Will organise our next adventure in north/south wales with a group of deafies some point in the summer next year. So could any of you recommend spots to photo. I will add to a list. Would be greatly appreciated for your comment! [emoji106] [emoji106]

I was going to advise you until I seen you use the word "deafies"

deafies is plural. There's no such a word but it's my idea! [emoji12]

Oh sorry, where I used to work half the staff used to call the deaf workers "the deafies" and I assumed it was derogatory.

Anyway, you could do Snowdonia, Caernarfon Castle + Anglesey and there are boat trips on the coast there for afters.

Apart from that there is nothing in North Wales lol.

South Wales there is botanical gardens but is that worth driving a very long way ? not really although you can stay there most of a day.

Then there are beaches and coastline but again not a big attraction but the elderly love the peace and quiet

South Wales.
Cardiff bay area, St Fagans, Carrig cennin castle, the waterfalls at Glyn Neath (lots of falls) the gower coast, black mountains/brecon beacons.

Oh sorry, where I used to work half the staff used to call the deaf workers "the deafies" and I assumed it was derogatory.

Anyway, you could do Snowdonia, Caernarfon Castle + Anglesey and there are boat trips on the coast there for afters.

Apart from that there is nothing in North Wales lol.

South Wales there is botanical gardens but is that worth driving a very long way ? not really although you can stay there most of a day.

Then there are beaches and coastline but again not a big attraction but the elderly love the peace and quiet
Thanks for info u give us

Tenby/Saudersfoot/Newgale and St David's would all be on my list the coastline along there is stunning

Anglesey was lovely for us .. many castles to choose from in south Wales .. I wouldn't travel all the way for the Botanical gardens though .. Stack Rocks, Green bridge, Barafundle bay, St Govans .. (my favourite photo sites stunning Cliffs and some great bird life) but check with the MOD website to see if the gates are open .. Black Mountains and if your lucky the wild horses may give a great photo .. Brecon Beacons ..

Don't dismiss North Wales, it has great scenery - beaches, castles, mountains, and a thriving outdoor sports scene so you can get action shots. Portmeirion is good for quirky architecture, Bodnant garden for greenery. Anglesey is a good day out for photography too - the scenery is less varied than the mainland, but would recommend a visit to Parys Mountain for the old industrial landscape and colours, and Southstack.

Back