North Wales Meet pics.

superb Anand! Love #2 in b&w... maybe just a slight tweak in levels would bring out a little more contrast. Your version of the Lone Tree is excellent too... was this a WB change to tungsten or another method? Either way... really like that.

Very good set indeed (y)

superb Anand! Love #2 in b&w... maybe just a slight tweak in levels would bring out a little more contrast. Your version of the Lone Tree is excellent too... was this a WB change to tungsten or another method? Either way... really like that.

Very good set indeed (y)

Thanks Leigh. Know what you mean..will try adjusting the levels a bit more. WB was left at Auto..so have left it unaltered as the end product was great. Think the camera has picked Tungsten though:thinking:

Hope you're work went well today :)

Some really great stuff coming through.
Love your set Anand, just the odd blown highlight draws my eye.

Just put together one of the panoramas I shot

Llynnau Mymbyr by lens-flare, on Flickr

Good to see everyone posting such great pictures, really enjoying looking through them all.

here's my efforts... i seemed to have worked my way through my edits starting at the sunset and working backwards :bonk: Still got some to do from the morning, but here goes anyway....

#1 The world famous... 'Lone Tree'

Lone_Tree.jpg by leftcurl, on Flickr

IMG_5888.jpg by leftcurl, on Flickr

IMG_5782.jpg by leftcurl, on Flickr

#4 (just noticed the haloing round the rocks ... needs fixing :bonk:)

IMG_5735.jpg by leftcurl, on Flickr

IMG_5830.jpg by leftcurl, on Flickr

IMG_5662.jpg by leftcurl, on Flickr

So many more to go through... but Match of the Day is on... :puke:

Some nice one Leigh...last one stands out...my fav.

cheers guys... i have to say, i favour the moody skies rather than bright colours... guess it's just my thing :D

Great, photographic evidence that I need to wash my car now too! :LOL:

I've only just finished my last exposure of the night, 24hour exposure time, I can hazard a guess at what that will look like! (Damn batteries died in the OM2 again, only just replaced them)

I'll get the film done this week hopefully.

So far some excellent work coming up, well done everyone (y)

Great, photographic evidence that I need to wash my car now too! :LOL:

:LOL: I didn't know you were there, Alan. If I'd have known, I'd have bought the lens case off you as we arranged, sorry mate. (The 24hr exposure sounds intriguing, anywhere good?)

Probably of the inside of his camera bag :D

Yep, started off with the sunset, then in the bag, then the weird and wonderful world that is my computer desk! :LOL:

No idea how much of a pull that would be needing in dev, but I doubt it's possible!

No worries Ger, I don't think we got introduced, the only time I heard your name mentioned was when Dave said you'd just left! I'll hang on to it for you anyway, I'm sure we can find a meeting opportunity again (y)

Some very nice shots in this thread. I will have to keep an eye out for anymore meets and tag a long if that would be ok?

There's a meet at The Precipice Walk on March 10th.
Everybody welcome.

I wanted to get to this meet but had to spend the entire weekend processing images from my first festival of the year :(
Looks like you had a great time and I'm loving the single tree images.
Duncan

Masked Bandit said:
Hi Anand,

It was good to meet you on Saturday. I love the 1st and 4th images.

Take care,

Philip

Thanks Philip...was nice to meet you as well..:)..see you soon next time.

Some lovely images here guys, here's two more of mine to break the pattern!

Footsteps on the beach.
Footsteps.jpg

Pilot's cottages.

Pilot_s_cottages.jpg

One from the medium format, still got the rolls of colour film to be sent off for developing
Enjoy

Llynnau Mymbyr by Rob Hooley, on Flickr

That's a nice one Dave...love no.2

A couple more from me I like the light house sunsets this time of the year incase you didnt already notice :LOL:

I look forward to meeting you all again in the future, must say some cracking images coming out from this meet

Kevin (y)

As always Ektar proved somewhat temperamental, so I don't actually have many more to add. however one failure I managed to turn around with a good dose of PP:

Y Fôr Waedgoch by R. Alan Jones, on Flickr

The single coated filter really didn't like being pointed at the sun, and made a nasty reflection of my fron element with it's scratch glaring all over the place. Still I think I rescued it.

Last edited by a moderator:
All fantastic work Kevin, James, and Alan...gives me inspiration to think and do better!

There are some amazing pictures here, looks like a great day was had by all. I'm sorry I missed it. Those sunsets look really magical :clap:

Back