Wales North Wales

Name
Ian
Edit My Images
Yes
Going to North Wales in September for a week and after some locations worth trying for some landscape photography.

I will be staying near Coed-Y-Brenin forest.

If you're into rough mountain terrain and can navigate, the Rhinogydd (Rhinog mountains) between Coed y Brenin and the sea are amazing. If not, coasts, the dunes at Harlech; the Morfa Mawddach walk west of Dolgellau; at Ganllwyd the Rhaeadr Ddu (waterfall) and the woods of Dolmelynllyn; the Torrent Walk through woodland just south of Dolgellau. If you like buildings (I don't!) there's Harlech castle and Portmeirion.

The Mawddach estuary between Dolgellau and the sea could keep you occupied for a week! Seriously.... and a great time of year to be visiting.

There are some fabulous wooded ravines in the area, best in cloudy conditions; some great viewpoints eg Precipice Walk, New Precipice walk, Panorama walk ; the Cregennen lakes (fabulous at sunrise) , If you're up for a hill walk but not the full Cadair Idris, take the Pony Path up from the car park and when you reach the ridge, instead of turning left for Cadair, go right for Tyrrau Mawr. Amazing coastal views.......

I won't give any map refs because i find half the fun is researching the locations first.......

Not too far from Edward Longshanks' castles at Harlech and Caernarfon.

GC

Pop in for a cuppa when you pass .

Thank you for the suggestions so far. Going to spend some time having a good search for these places on Google and see if I can make some plans.

I'm also going to North Wales in September so will research these suggestions, many thanks.

Back