Norwegian Fjord cruise- where to shoot?

Name
Steffan
Edit My Images
No
Hello guys, I'm taking a family cruise at the start of June, making one stop in Holland (Ijmuiden) and then three stops in Norway (Flaam, Stavanger and Oslo).

As it's a cruise we will only be in each port for a few hours at a time, so a bit of a long shot but anyone know of some great locations for awesome landscape shots/unmissable excursions from a photography point of view?

Any tips welcome!

Flamm - good for shots at the end of the fiord, also on most cruises there is time to go on the railway where the terminal is just off the ship, last time we went on the railway we saw nothing as it was raining all the while.

Also there is a nice walk along the road through the villages, two I think, and after about half an hour you come to what we were told was the oldest church in Norway.

Hi Steffan,

Stavanger - Your cruise company may offer a trip in a smaller boat along Lysefjord to see Pulpit Rock and other points of interest - well worth the trip (and expense!)

On our cruise, some people decided not to book the trip through the cruise company, preferring make their own arrangements on arrival in Stavanger, they were disappointed as the trips were sold out.

The old town of Stavanger is just a few minutes walk from the port and worth exploring, with some traditional Norwegian houses and cobbles streets etc.

Have a great trip.

Chris

Last edited:
Glad I've stumbled on this thread. I'm off in the first week of June up the fjords too.
I've already booked the Flaam train. Finding my own way around Stavanager.
But for Lysefjord, I'm going to be kayaking with the hope that I can still hold / store my SLR somewhere near my lap. I'm hoping for some shots from a low level looking up / down the fjord.

Not sure how that will help me take good pictures but a good general tip overall I suppose! I did hear it's expensive there.

Back