Not everyone wants their photo taken.

Elk was later shot.

Turns out people had been feeding it, and got violent when no food was given. Numerous attempts at dehumanising it failed, so it was shot.

Not on the same level but boils my pee seeing people feed the new forest ponies and donkeys for the same reasons.

Elk was later shot.

Turns out people had been feeding it, and got violent when no food was given. Numerous attempts at dehumanising it failed, so it was shot.

Not on the same level but boils my pee seeing people feed the new forest ponies and donkeys for the same reasons.

Yes, leave wild animals to be wild.

Yes, leave wild animals to be wild.

Yes, I have heard of too many folk (actively?) feeding the Red Kites in the Maidenhead and area! Totally unnecessary and only encourages their attention on domestic gardens :(

Wasn't this story posted a few years ago? I know I've seen it before.

Elk was later shot.

Very sad that they had to shoot the Elk, just because stupid people think, OH look lets feed the wild animal.

Likely the same folk that used to feed the gulls.........and the newer visitors are getting the gulls grabbing their food!!!!

Similar happened at Cape Point SA with the Chacma Baboons, they are now very aggressive and belligerent with the local wardens using catapults to discourage them. Apparently Chacma clans elsewhere behave much more naturally ~ ignoring people but if close not aggressive.

'We' reap the whirlwind by (regular?) feeding of anything wild....... though in the case of garden song birds there is a mutual and in the main harmless beneficial result.

Last edited:
Baboons are intelligent, powerful, animals and potentially very dangerous once they lose their fear of man or start expecting food. uKhahlamba Drakensberg Park (nature reserve in KZN) display 'You Feed, We Shoot' notices. I agree with this, but I'd like to see the human culprits prosecuted too.

My wife lives in SW Scotland and people in the village feed the red kites, as mentioned above, and I've heard of people in cities feeding urban foxes.

None of this will have a good outcome for wild species.

uKhahlamba Drakensberg Park (nature reserve in KZN) display 'You Feed, We Shoot' notices.

Hopefully it means shooting the people, rather than the animals. Which I'd consider the correct version. :D

Reactions: Nod
..... and don't feed other people's cats either!

If you think it is neglected/underfed/ill then please try to speak to the owner .... it may just be old/ on restricted diet/ medication etc

Back