Not my usual macro style

Name
Mark
Edit My Images
Yes
I normally shoot insects and aim to get as much in focus as possible, working at f8-f11 for good depth of field, so for a change (during the abismal England defeat against Germany) I thought I would experiment with macro at f4 and 1:1 mag. I went for more colour and abstract. Are they successful - C&C very welcome.

4739134514_12788bf32b_b.jpg

4739134508_7edc158e71_b.jpg

I do like the first one, no problems there with the dof for me. The second one is really something or nothing for me. The colour contrasts are interesting and I think there is some real mileage here, but there is just not a lot to look at and the purple flower looks cut off, but not in a good way. I think this idea is worth another look.

Thanks Sara. You are right about the purple flower. The light was quite harsh and it really burnt out, so I tried to rescue it, perhaps going a bit too far. I like to graphic abstarct feel top it, so will try again in more subdued light.

The first doesn't really do anything for me but the colours, composition and abstract nature of the second are all spot in imo (y)

The first doesn't really do anything for me but the colours, composition and abstract nature of the second are all spot in imo (y)

Thanks Ruth

At last, some one who understands my abstract side :love: :)lol:)

Back